Any good deals on transmission jacks?

texcl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for a tranny jack to change the clutch on my zf-5. Anyone know of any sales on a unit capable of handling our big old tranny's and transfer cases?

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The HF low headroom will do it weight wise. Need some support under the tcase because it's tipsy.

SIKPUP

Reaction score
I was able to use a coupon at HF when I got one, because it comes up transmission jack, not floor jack !

jrad235

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seconding the HF jack and pulling the T-Case separately. I had to do it twice, much easier with the jack and no T-Case. Trans is heavy enough as it is.

texcl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, what about a pilot bearing puller, should I get a slide hammer type or the cheap $22 screw down type from HF?

texcl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I live 3 hours from anything other than a napa, lol. I live in the boonies. That would be the way to go though.

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
Rent one while your in town and don't forget the fork! I do that a lot...

Rental isn't hourly at AZ. Basically you buy it and return it when you're done, get your money back. If you have the dough, go ahead and buy one. Just another tool on my wish list, until then I cheap out :D

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also have the HF trans jack. Mine is the larger one they sell. I've R&R'ed an e4od with it many times, worked great. As suggested, pull the t case separately. It's light and very easy to remove, and it makes the trans removal a lot easier.

texcl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, how about the throw out bearing will it have to be pried out? Guess what I'm getting at are there any other tools I'm going to need to make this easier?

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
Throw out bearing is easy. Just pull the clutch fork and the throw out slips off. Search on here how to remove the slave cylinder. No real special took for it, but some good tricks have been posted up on removing and reinstalling the slave.