any chance anyone near me has timing equipment?

SPR1NK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
was looking through the timing registry and didn't see anyone that was very close, but maybe there's someone closer to Stevensville Missoula area that has timing stuff that isn't on the registry?

SPR1NK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well maybe I'll just have to order the stuff to do it and see if i can get next day or 2 day shipping on it

SPR1NK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i do make it to billings every now and then, but not very often, usually if i head there it's to watch the NILE rodeo

Macrobb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hate to say it... but if you are using a used IP or injectors, just time it by ear.
A new IP and injectors, yeah, you can use the timing equipment, but anything used? The curves will be different than new.

Just adjust it back and forth until it feels the strongest, and you'll be pretty darn good overall. Timing is the #1 overlooked item on IDIs, and it's really not hard to adjust as long as you aren't 'scared' of it - you can't adjust it enough to do any damage, and the motor will tell you right quick if you are much too retarded or advanced.

Macrobb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
everything is new, brand new engine actually, have R&D 90cc pump and R&D stage 1 injectors
Good choice on the parts!

edit:
I'd still probably time it by ear first off; you can always get it running nicely, then make any tweaks once you find a set of timing equipment.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
TIMING BY EAR.
Advance the timing on a cold start till it clatters a little, it should then quiet down as soon as the Hi idle de-energizes and goes back to normal idle of 650 to 700 RPM, then you should be near perfect timing. Might take a few tries. Never move the IP with the engine running.

SPR1NK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have it running pretty good right now but I'd like to get the proper equipment on it and see exactly where its at

SPR1NK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so if i was looking to buy the stuff to time (which i am) what would you guys recommend i get? i know i need the ferret adapter, but timing light recommendations?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88

Members online