Another Order Placed With Oregon Fuel Injection

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
As some of you know, some few months back I ordered a fuel filter head bleeder for my truck. Well that was shipped and I never recieved it. UPS "claims" to have left it on my front porch mat.... Well in 35+ years we have never had a porch mat... So where the hell is my part. The item is only about 1/2 inch long and probably weighs around 1 oz... So a member that lives really close to the ofi store offered to get me what I want and ship it to me thru regular mail... that worked out great and I'm really thankful for the help... thats what this forum is all about. so now I needed other parts and the oreder has been placed but.. I will have to sign for it this time.... I sure don't want to end up with another missing item. Now I'm wondering if the same UPS fool might go to the same adderss and get someone there to sign for it.... Here hopeing that is just me being paranoid about what ifs... I will have it in 2 or three days so fingers crossed and waiting like it was 1958 Christmas time....

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well don't know bout UPS except the expense but had an Ipod delivered by Fedex I think or some other parcel/delivery company and they allowed a child to sign for it...wasn't my child...ended up some kid got my iPod and no one would do anything about it!....***...minors should not have signing authority...

Good luck Gary!

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Well don't know bout UPS except the expense but had an Ipod delivered by Fedex I think or some other parcel/delivery company and they allowed a child to sign for it...wasn't my child...ended up some kid got my iPod and no one would do anything about it!....***...minors should not have signing authority...

Good luck Gary!
Biggest problem I have with fedex ground is anything valuable that is shipped in it's original container to where it canbe identified, has a nasty habit of winding up still on the truck at the end of the day headed back to the employee yard. If I werent tracking them by the minute, they would get away with it. After I caught them the first time trying to steal a set of snow tires, I watch those suckers like a hawk.( I made them drag 3 managers out in the middle of the night to find them... I was down there with kids in pajamas waiting on my tires... they finally found them in a storage trailer that was backed up to the employee parking lot.. THose tires HAD been out for delivery that day, YEah right :backoff:backoff:backoff one of teh managers didnt even have the nerve to bring my tires out after waiting for hours, they sent a flunkie. Ive had similar happen with UPS. anotehr year. they tried to tell me theyd delivered a set of tires ,didnt happen, I had been there all day waiting, I went to UPS first thing in the morning and then their driver had anotehr story that he HAdnt delivered them and they were on the nose of his truck and would drop them in teh afternoon. 10 minutes later Im at home and a fella from down the road drives up and asks me, if I had ordered a set of funny foreign tires.... eiyupp he proceeds to tell me that he found a set behind his garage the night before when he got home but it was late, and he figured they must be mine since im always working on all those funny foreign cars.... Good thing I have honest neighbors, but the UPS guy was lieing through his teeth. I went and got my tires and then went back to UPS and gave them an earful

This kind of crap goes on all the time. Worst tine, I dont think anyone ever actually collects on the insurance coverage those outfits provide they always have some excuse to wiggle out of it. UPS busted a 1" impact ( I STILL cant figure out how they managed that one) and they refused to pay on it even though the package looked like it had been through a meat grinder.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
You guys are scareing the crap out of me with all this negative vibes man....:D:angel: We will see who delievers the stuff and you know I will be asking questions. BTW I'm the only person that is designated to sign for this stuff... Made the perfectly clear that I would pay the extra for that option.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
You guys are scareing the crap out of me with all this negative vibes man....:D:angel: We will see who delievers the stuff and you know I will be asking questions. BTW I'm the only person that is designated to sign for this stuff... Made the perfectly clear that I would pay the extra for that option.

Call the shipper and get a tracking number and park yourself out front the day it says out for delivery on the internet tracking page . then if it doesnt show and they claim otherwise, raise all kinds of hell
You can also go to the local UPS office and put it on file to have nothing allowable to be delivered to your address without YOUR specific signature for delivery, even on items that do not require to be signed for. Ifinally had to do that after having so much trouble with UPS drivers leaving stuff at other peoples houses, that I made it a requirement that MY signature ONLY is allowable for delivery, and that put a stop to that sloppy crap :backoff:backoff:backoff

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Go to youtube and watch the video's of those guys treating packages like crap.

A) Way to take pride in your job
B) Way to screw with items people purchased, some of which wont recieve any money.

****** me off. Not only should they be fired some fricking criminal charges should be brought against them.

wmoguy

Reaction score
Go to youtube and watch the video's of those guys treating packages like crap.

A) Way to take pride in your job
B) Way to screw with items people purchased, some of which wont recieve any money.

****** me off. Not only should they be fired some fricking criminal charges should be brought against them.

Everytime I watch those videos, I think about 94turboidi's Champion aluminum radiator debacle :rotflmao

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had one package damaged on route to me, all have made it out of hundreds... Company who shipped the one item didnt pack it well enough and it looked like it was stepped on. Ive had some boxes have gaping holes or be falling apart but with interior boxes etc the items were fine.

Helps when you pack things properly and plan for it to be used as a soccer ball. Ive shipped whole computers even. Those champion radiators skimp badly on shipping materials...

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also it is possible someone saw the package and took it from the porch, or the driver mistook a passerby in front of your house as you. Sometimes ill be in the driveway, yard, etc and theyll hand it off to me... Then again they might recognize me since i do so much shipping..

The one damaged package was dhs, which ive heard is rough on stuff...

PwrSmoke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think a lot depends on the locality. We have a VERY good UPS team in our area, both at the warehouse and the delivery guys. Top notch all the way. Recently I sent a very expensive camera off for repairs via UPS. When it came back, it was more badly damaged than when I had sent it off in the first place. UPS had to pay out $800 to fix the camera and lens. I had to cross some Ts and dot some Is but it all got done. The wost parts was being without my primary camera for three weeks (which is part of how I make a living).

Fed-X... meh. They are hot & cold around here. They work their guys pretty hard. the driver comes barreling down my lane at a great clip, broadslides to a stop in the gravel, heaves out the package and roostertails back out. Have had talks with the drivers about tearing up my gravel but since it never seems to be the same guy one time toteh next, it never changes.

Remember DHL... now gone? Had a gal come to drop off a computer a few years back and when I walked up to the truck, I noticed one of the front tires was worn so much the steel belts were about half worn through. I said, "Ahhh misss...." She started CRYING and said that she had tried been trying to get them to change it for three days. She was afraid it was going to go flat before she got it back to the warehouse and that she thought she'd be fired if it did. I offered to put the spare on for her but they didn't have one on the truck.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
usps just messed up a set of injectos I shipped to the ****** islands, thank goodness I had taped over my return address,It was all that was readable, got it all back in a plastic bag with water damage ,2 injectors and the return kit missing, still fighting with them over the minimum coverage. Now FYI, everything goes with PLENTY of insurance. So my shipping costs will be more but worth it I feel.

medic265

Reaction score
Fedex sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Our Fedex people are so bad that now I won't order from anywhere that ships Fedex. I've complained to Fedex to no avail. The problem is IMHO is that Fedex ground is delivered by private contractors. The quicker they get done the more money they made. But UPS workers are all employees of UPS. Those guys get paid by the hour so there is a little more push to do the job right. Having said that our last UPS guy was great. Never a problem. But he retired and the new guy is off to a bad start.

Now with all that being said I have more trouble out of our USPS mail man than anyone. We have lost several packages by USPS. And what gets me is that I was a substitute driver when my dad was the mailman so I know what the job consists of. I mean really it's not that hard to read the name and address and stick it in the right box......Sorry my rant is now over.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I know how you feel Russ. Years ago I shipped two water pump couplings for my 1937 Cord water pump for repairs. I build a wooden box around the two pieces. Only one of the two pieces made the destnation. I insured the parts for $200.00 and shipped thru the post office... They gave me $100.00 because one part made it...:eek::mad:cookoo Tha really pissed me off big time....

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've always had good luck with both, but FedEx better than UPS in some cases. It seems as long as I have my "regular" driver, I never have an issue. But if he goes on vacation or something, like the time they delivered my new $1200 guitar to my front porch, when I don't have a porch anywhere, well... that was a problem. One of their field managers actually went out in his car at 8:00pm at night, drove to the place the driver took it (like 5 miles away) and hand delivered it to me.

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I meant dhl, not dhs LOL. Guess who owns them now - fedex ;)

Sounds like those injectors fell off the boat truck or plane