Another Moose is loose in Florida

BioFarmer93

OPEC Hater
Reaction score
Henry got a heart transplant Sunday and boy does he feel like a new truck! Billy (gonecrazyi) and JD (Diesel JD) made the trip up to Jacksonville yesterday and we got the Baby Moose installed in short order. Billy has installed several pumps and I wanted some hand-holding the first time so I didn't screw anything up. So what happens? Billy, being 30+ years younger and 120lbs lighter jumps up in the engine bay and has the old pump and lines out faster than I thought humanly possible... We transfered lines to the Baby Moose, tightened the bottom four and I eyeballed the slot to pin alignment and Billy set it in place. One little tweak and click, there you go. Tightening, bleeding and starting all proceeded in short order... OH MY GOD!! I have to re-learn how to use the right hand pedal. Five of us piled in and took a test run- I see that I'm going to have to learn how to shift again also. Apparantly the extra horsepower was more than the old power steering belt could take because we lost that on the way back. My idle is now 850- it used to be 650, is that OK? JD was having a problem with his luminosity timing system, so we didn't get it timed, but we must have gotten it darn close because it starts easy, runs strong and only makes a little smoke when I get on it good.
Since WMO is the primary fuel that is going to be run from here on out, I flipped the selector to the WMO tank shortly after we started out and the Moose baby loved it- I know, no warranty... All I can say is that I prepare my fuel carefully and LIFE doesn't come with a warranty.. THANKS MEL!;Sweet

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
I think that's the phrase several of us have used when converting to Moose!;Sweet

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Enjoy the recovered performace of your IDI. Nothing like a freash IP to make the 'ol girl feel new again. Another satisfied Moose owner.;Sweet

Heath

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
:cheers::Thumbs Up I think everybody should experiance "the first time feeling" once more in their lifes by installing a Moose pump Product.... Its kinda that kind of feeling when the lost hp comes back to you....:sly

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Adjust the idle for 650 RPM warm, the Hi idle solenoid will bring it up to 850-900 when cold start. You can adjust the Hi idle solenoid plunger to get that, 1/4" wrench, screw in or out. The warm idle adjustment is just like on a gasser at the throttle linkage on the IP.

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just like to be comfortable when I work lol. Nothin more comfortable then Sutton right up on the radiator to work lol.

I can say that henrys motor puts mine to shame in the power department.

burtcheca

farmer/cabinetmaker
Reaction score
I would have love to be there with you guys. Someday I'll afford to install a Mouse pump to my old truck. I'm happy your "Henry" is running strong now.
Next time let me know when it's going to be a reunion on Sunday.

Burt.

WrickM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BioF Enjoy the new pump. I am jealous

on a side note whatever happened to the HHO'Henry (yeah i am witty) system you made? I been gone for a while, but i am curious how that worked out for you.

BioFarmer93

OPEC Hater
Reaction score
Adjust the idle for 650 RPM warm, the Hi idle solenoid will bring it up to 850-900 when cold start. You can adjust the Hi idle solenoid plunger to get that, 1/4" wrench, screw in or out. The warm idle adjustment is just like on a gasser at the throttle linkage on the IP.

OLDBULL- neither the old-old or new-old high idle solenoid that I had on hand could be made to function even with a direct connection to a battery (they ARE just 12v neg ground solenoids, right?) anyway we are currently solenoidless.. After I get the P/S belt on tonight I'll take him for a ride to warm up and adjust the idle down as you say.;Sweet

BioFarmer93

OPEC Hater
Reaction score
I would have love to be there with you guys. Someday I'll afford to install a Mouse pump to my old truck. I'm happy your "Henry" is running strong now.
Next time let me know when it's going to be a reunion on Sunday.

Burt.

Hey Burt,
Actually was a little more work than socializing but I hear you. I think a Northern Fla. Sunday Pot Luck & Diesel Social isn't a bad idea at all. I'll start a thread for it when I get home this evening.

BioFarmer93

OPEC Hater
Reaction score
BioF Enjoy the new pump. I am jealous

on a side note whatever happened to the HHO'Henry (yeah i am witty) system you made? I been gone for a while, but i am curious how that worked out for you.

Actually it functioned fine as far as helping the mileage a little and cleaning up the emissions, but the design of the reservoirs and bubblers needed to be improved and I had a bunch of little leaks all over the system that really kept it from performing at its best. The HHO system is currently having new gaskets cut for it out of .040" EPDM, being re-sized to run off of the vehicles electricall system instead of having its own alternator, and having its bubblers tops re-engineered to be easier filling. I'm also looking into a small chemical resistant pump to flush the gas bubbles off of the plates faster so that the electrolysis can function a little more efficiently (not having plate area occupied by non-conductive bubbles for so long). Since I started running WMO though, getting better mileage isn't as much of a consideration any more as cleaning up the emissions is.;Sweet

WrickM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually it functioned fine as far as helping the mileage a little and cleaning up the emissions, but the design of the reservoirs and bubblers needed to be improved and I had a bunch of little leaks all over the system that really kept it from performing at its best. The HHO system is currently having new gaskets cut for it out of .040" EPDM, being re-sized to run off of the vehicles electricall system instead of having its own alternator, and having its bubblers tops re-engineered to be easier filling. I'm also looking into a small chemical resistant pump to flush the gas bubbles off of the plates faster so that the electrolysis can function a little more efficiently (not having plate area occupied by non-conductive bubbles for so long). Since I started running WMO though, getting better mileage isn't as much of a consideration any more as cleaning up the emissions is.;Sweet

Thanks for the update. I don't have a lot of faith in HHO but i am always interested in experimentation. Keep us updated as the improvements roll out.

Waste oils are a bargain no doubt about it.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gus, again thanks for having me and I still owe you that timing. One day soon here I'm going to make sure I know what I'm talking about with this meter and maybe we can meet halfway or something so it's not a long drive for either of us, and I'll have the tools I use for this and the Snap-On manual in hand in case I get confused again. The readings I got were around 5*BTDC (negative numbers should be btdc right) at 1400, but add about a half degree to make up for the 359.5 offset needed to use the 0*ATDC hole rather than the recommended 20 ATDC hole. If anyone thinks I'm being idiotic for using the wrong hole, my truck has the same issue as Gus's, no magnetic reading through the 20* hole but a good reading through the 0* hole. With Billy's truck, I could get a reading from both, and with the 359.5 offset the "wrong hole" was exactly the 0.5 * more advanced than the 20 degree with 20 degree offset. If I'm correct in my thinking and the meter was spitting out good info that means you're at 5.5*BTDC which is pretty advanced. If we meet again I'd like to try a different cylinder with the correct offset just to rule out that injector as a problem. For reference, using the same tools and methods, my truck is set to around 0*ATDC +-.5 and Billy's(old pump) we put at around 1*BTDC +-.5 first I'm going to check on my truck and see if the tool is still giving out sensible values. I meant to do this Saturday before coming over but I ran out of time before work.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726