Another Bricknose Lighting Option

BrianX128

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep haha that's been on there ever since my grandpa re geared the whole truck years and years ago. It fits a lot better with what I've done to it now.

I just wish mounting those lights like I did would have angled them up a little better. I'm concerned it will be too low but I guess once I get a day with dry roads I'll have to take it for a test drive.

BrianX128

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Low beams in and out of truck:

High beams in and out:

Overall I'm happy and I think this works great. They look the exact same as the ones in my 6.9, I'm sure it will be the same on the road. This is definitely a cheaper way to essentially do the aussie bracket mod and I think it looks cool with the blacked out lenses and I'm gonna put led drl strips/ turn signal strips inside also.

It's just work but that's better than spending a ton of money in some peoples eyes.

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I doubt I could ever get that to pass inspection in my area. Even though you did a good job and they work well.

BrianX128

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really? In pa as long as the light source itself is legal it doesn't seem to matter how it gets there. Hid bulbs in reflectors would never fly but you could zip tie BMW headlights inside the holes of the core support and if they're legal and aimed ok its fine.

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really? In pa as long as the light source itself is legal it doesn't seem to matter how it gets there. Hid bulbs in reflectors would never fly but you could zip tie BMW headlights inside the holes of the core support and if they're legal and aimed ok its fine.

I have heard how touchy Pa is, my daughter lives up there. If they are like they are down here, you can argue your point, but if they don't want to stick their neck out and pass something that looks a little different and homemade, they won't. Unless you know the inspector really well. I hope you do ok when you have to go.

BrianX128

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know him lol. Hes passed way shadier looking things that were still technically legal dot bulbs and stuff when I was in high school. I've never really heard of anyone having an issue here but I'm not in the city either I'm an hour from Pittsburgh. Only thing you get it for here is hids in reflectors or colored bulbs.

BrianX128

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Had to add one more thing.. forgot to shut the hood or move the chair in front of the other light but it's 100% done at last!

BrianX128

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not on this truck but they're the same lights in my 6.9 that I posted the road picture of earlier in the thread. They're way better than stock, I'll try and get this truck out on the road if the roads ever dry off this week.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Not on this truck but they're the same lights in my 6.9 that I posted the road picture of earlier in the thread. They're way better than stock, I'll try and get this truck out on the road if the roads ever dry off this week.
I can see just in your garage that they're much brighter. I was mostly curious if you have them aimed closely. Since you haven't taken it out yet, I guess you have no idea.

BrianX128

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know they are in the same place on the wall the other truck is up front and in the further back spots but the trucks could sit at different angles too so it's a guessing game for now.

Selahdoor

How can I help you, or make you laugh, today?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What kind of truck can't be driven on wet roads? ;):rotflmao

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Maybe a 4X2 that has to drive down muddy roads to get to the ones that are just wet?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online