Aluminum Radiator For Cheap & Free Shipping Too..

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
I dont know if its the same brand, but my friend has one with the stampoed aluminum tanks and his sprung a leak around the tank seam and I think some in the core after about a year- year and a half. WE noticed it when we were going in to do some head work and found green all over:backoff
From teh moment I first saw those things I knew they weren't very sturdy

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
I can't remember, how much did you end up paying for your rodney red?

I can't remember either, but I think someone recently said they are up to around $725. Everything is going up these days, there's no way around it

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I got my Rodeny Red after Robert got his. He was the reason I installed mine. Shipped out here to the west coast it was around $625.00. Shipping was another $40.00.... It was very well packed too. Actually difficult to get out of the box that was double thick sided card board..

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't remember, how much did you end up paying for your rodney red?

They are $750 now. Talked to them a week or so ago. Going to get one for the crew cab. About a 2 weeks to get one made. Yes, made. Each is made to order. They don't keep a stock of these IDI's rads, just make one when an order is placed. They are about an hour and 20 minutes north of me. Will order one when I'm getting close to putting the 6.9 back in the crew cab. No need to have it sitting in the shop waiting to get dented/damaged while I rebuilt the 6.9.

Heath

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Recoring original tanks?

That is a smoking deal for that aluminum rad, free shipping is huge on something that big, and although I always think of the Sampsonite Gorilla packing my Ebay items when its free, it looks like they have a boat full of positive feedback.

All that being said, if the quality is too crummy, and they only last a year or two, it might not be worth it.

As an option: has anybody looked at what it costs to get a factory radiator recored? My truck had a brand new factory radiator when I got it and it still looks really good 4 years later. It's heavy as hell and although I've run a cheapie radiator in gassers without issue, I think this application is pretty ******* radiators. Consider the weight, the capacity of coolant (more weight: ever thought about the fact that the cooling system holds about 65 pounds of coolant, a lot of which is in the radiator) and then it gets the crap shaken out of it by the engine and in many cases, a leaf spring front end.

Anybody ever had one of the woolly mammoths recored and have a general thought on cost?

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Super good deal on a recore is 475.00

tximport

Reaction score
Is the 7.3 turbo diesel radiator the same as the 7.3 NA and the 6.9 radiators?
What about the 94,95,96,97 psd radiators?
Found one local but its for a 7.3 NA

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is the 7.3 turbo diesel radiator the same as the 7.3 NA and the 6.9 radiators?
What about the 94,95,96,97 psd radiators?
Found one local but its for a 7.3 NA

A 1st gen PSD rad will fit in an IDI support and vise versa. I'm running a '95 PSD clip (including rad support) on my '86. But, the hoses are on the opposite side of the tanks. That means it's not a reasonable option.

Heath

tximport

Reaction score
so it would fit they just screwed up on the psd and put the in and out on the wrong ends?? LOL

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
advanceauto.com
copper/brass.
use promo code: P20.
scrapping your old rad brings your final price down around 200 bucks.
lifetime warranty.

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got mine from advance also, but I don't use my truck anywhere near the use you guys do for yours. Lately it's been a grocery getter :( (hubby in it now getting sauce for the ribs I slow cooked all day)

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
All day slow cooked rigs....:eek:-Drool:cry: I had them as leftovers for lunch yesterday from dinner the nite before... I'm so hungry for more of them....:angel:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bob123456789

Members online