Alternative IP Pump Supplier instead of Moose?

Status
Not open for further replies.

warmblood58

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just curious, since Moose is backed up at this time is there another supplier that members can recommend for a high quality remaned injection pump. May not be able to wait! Thanks

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
Mel is the only one that i know off that for sure has quality pumps.

There is another one but they have not been on the road long enough to be proven.

warmblood58

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks! I had no idea Mel was so backed up - wish I had ordered one months ago and had it on a shelf in my garage -

stumiister

Diesel Truck Tech
Reaction score
I know your a bit far away but Collins Injection in Stockton Ca is Standyne rebuilder I have dealt with them a few times they have pumps rebuilt ready to install, I think the price is about $350.
I bought some Power Stroke injectors from them.
I would give them a try.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We have a Baby Moose for Ford and one for GM on the shelf right now. It's the Bull Moose and the Junior that are going to be a couple of weeks yet.

Kalashnikov

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had no issues with Pensacola, 2 IPs and 2 sets of injectors, both have at least 5k miles since last August/September.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
http://www.idiperformance.com/pumps.php

I have been watching these guys for a bit, they look promising.

I'm sure the pump shop he uses is good, but he acted like a complete a$$ here a while back and was banned. Still talks trash about folks here. Not someone I'd do business with........ EVER. I'd get the pump from that shop directly and not from that site.......... IF you wanted one from there. Personally, I'd wait for a Moose.

Heath

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Only Russ (typ4) or Mell (agnem) here are the recommended pump guys. Others are out there but your taking a chance only you can say is worth it. By no means will I bad mouth Justin. His work is stellar. Personal attitude... Well its a little ruff around the edges but thats something some very good trustworthy members have overcome. I do enjoy reading what the Justins have to offer. Just not ready to buy from them because I'm not in the market. I have never read anything about them cheating anyone but have read some posts where they got cheated and kicked to the curb. Someone told them they were getting a pump that made 180cc of fuel when it was not capable of even 150cc of fuel.. Justin came back here knowing full well what was going to happen but he needed to tel us of a horrible lie about a pump he bought thinking it was all that and a bag of chips.. When it couldn't make the desired hp he started calling around and found out who really built the pump.. The builder laughed at him telling him... "Yeah, I built that pump but I told ### that no way it would make 180cc of fuel".. Sadly Justin was banned again but I give him the balls for coming back to warn us about this less than stellar shop.. But rules are rules so thats how we live...

kc0stp

30 Hour Famine
Reaction score
http://www.idiperformance.com/pumps.php

I have been watching these guys for a bit, they look promising.

+1 Im personally running one of their pumps in my truck and its no comparison to the old pump

I'm sure the pump shop he uses is good, but he acted like a complete a$$ here a while back and was banned. Still talks trash about folks here. Not someone I'd do business with........ EVER. I'd get the pump from that shop directly and not from that site.......... IF you wanted one from there. Personally, I'd wait for a Moose.

Heath

And how are you any diffrent? Anybody even mentions IDIperformance.com or either Justin your the first to talk trash while on the flip side NMB2 came back here after being banned just to alert us to the BS DPS pulled. Yes NMB2 and Mel arent best friends but by the same token their buisness competitors with very diffrent viewpoints of IDI performance/abilities.

Jake_IN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not saying its gonna happen. But statistically speaking if a thread has the word Justin in it. It generally ends up locked LOL

so...
You must be registered for see images attach

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have not had personal experience with getting a pump from Justin, however If I was working on building an engine for near 400 HP I wouldn't think twice about the hybrid DB2/4 he has ....Not even twice would I think...if I had the coin...I'd bite the bullet n buy that beast for sure!

Just sayin...

And I do like his cam too....just not for my bottom end torque I want, again it would be for a specific build and I'd jump on that one too.

Now his intake, well that may be just a hot ticket item considering what I wanna do in time.

His stud prices are very good too.

Yup I support Free enterprise and recommend several vendors based on need of what people want to do.

JM2CW

Al

Status
Not open for further replies.