Alright, who's truck is this?

SparkandFire

We're drinking beer
Reaction score
:rotflmao

Seems reasonable enough!

I had a honda civic once that had a small snap-on screwdriver wedged in the temperature slider... Honda wanted $200 for a new temp selector, snap on only wanted $30 for the screwdriver! ;Really

Clydesdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ran 5k miles (or more, maybe 10k?) witha 4.99 pair of vice grips holding the slave cylinder rod on the clutch pedal actuator, the (eventually became a clevis pin unsure of the FoMoCo name)dowel was shot, and the eye was egged...

Bought 'em in Tacoma washington, ran to the CA/MX border, and back to ID, that was a 3500 mile run total, had run 800 when I bought em; and think I ran a second hot shot run with em on there. Actually, yes I did, ID to 'Diego, through NV, then back up to 'Frisco, and then home.(ID)...that one was closer to 3k....

Worked damned good.

Forgot I had it Ida-rigged, til it broke all the way.

White Trash

IDI noob
Reaction score
I have a pair just like them to hold the hatch on my 91 honda accord wagon hatch to keep it open. $1.48 at wal mart beats $40 at the parts store for a pair of struts. LOL

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Must be the sales rep's truck for Cooper Industries. LOL

Or maybe Tim Allen.

ghunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When my brother bought his '79 Bronco, someone had broken off the gear selector on the column, so it had a pair of vise grips on there...

Should the saying be "Vise grips AND duct tape fix everything?"

jwalterus

Made in America
Reaction score
Not mine. I would use only one Vice grip. Save the other two for something else that breaks. :rotflmao

sounds like my buddy's attitude, he has an old diesel LUV with no window cranks, no headlight knob, and no wiper knob, he has a single pair of vise grips that move around the cab as needed LOL