Almost ready

160k87F250

not rocket science
Reaction score
Well, been working alot on the truck and it's almost ready for the rally. Got the suspension lifted, got the new camper trailer, got bigger wheels and tires, got the steering fixed. Now, things left to do. Install rockin stereo, dual front shocks, change fluids and buy supplies for the trailer. Only a few weeks left. Gonna cut it down to the wire, but is there any other way?:rotflmao

John

pafixitman

Reaction score
:thumbsup:
You are doing more than me. I'm not even sure my oil leak will get fixed before the rally!

When are you heading out? Cuz of the new job and lack of vacation, I'll probably be leaving Friday eve and driving some. Arrive at the rally on Saturday.

metrojd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, been working alot on the truck and it's almost ready for the rally. Got the suspension lifted, got the new camper trailer, got bigger wheels and tires, got the steering fixed. Now, things left to do. Install rockin stereo, dual front shocks, change fluids and buy supplies for the trailer. Only a few weeks left. Gonna cut it down to the wire, but is there any other way?:rotflmao

John

John,
dual front shocks??? Were did you find the brackets or are you fabbing them??
I had been looking and could only come up with newer kits in tripple.
Please do tell.:hail :hail
Thanks
John

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good question. I know they used to be available from Rancho and outfits like that back in the 80's. It's always this way John. Lady Moose is getting a turbo this weekend. A big Hypermax box was sitting at my door step when I got home last night. ;Sweet The Moose Truck has had it's hood up for about 2 weeks, and the autoparts stores are starting to recognize me again.

pafixitman

Reaction score
John,
dual front shocks??? Were did you find the brackets or are you fabbing them??
I had been looking and could only come up with newer kits in tripple.
Please do tell.:hail :hail
Thanks
John

IIRC, he fab'd them from two factory mounts. I have seen them, but being a 2WD dually, I did not pay much attention to 'em.:dunno :backoff

160k87F250

not rocket science
Reaction score
I haven't fabbed them, yet. Just a lot of thinking. I'm going to use 2 factory mounts, connect them together and redrill the mounts to line up w/ holes in the frame. I'm a little leary of drilling holes in the frame. I'll get another piece of metal to put on the inside of the frame before I bolt them in. Should be sweet. Hope I can get it done. Probably Wednesday night I'll complete the set-up and try to install it. Got 2 more Bilsteins sitting in the garage waiting to go on.
Joe, I'm going to leave Thursday morning, I think. We'll see how everything goes. I would really like to convoy w/ some people. I'm a little nervous, being this is my first trip w/ the camper and not having alot of experience towing anything. After Indiana, I'm heading west to Montana for a few days. Wont be back till July 17th or so. So I'm stressing BIGTIME but I am so looking forward to it.
Mel, have fun this weekend. You having people over to help?
John

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
Lady Moose is getting a turbo this weekend. A big Hypermax box was sitting at my door step when I got home last night. ;Sweet

Mel

I got a couple of those boxes last weekend too. Courtesy of Tim Leonard. Except they had something with the letters ATS (Ford) inside.:D Oh yea, and a couple more that said MBRP on the outside.;Really

Wish I could show'em off at the rally.

Tom

160k87F250

not rocket science
Reaction score
UPDATE

Ok, dual front shocks are now installed. ;Sweet Tomorrow I go get the trailer and start loading up. I'm getting psyched. See everyone at the rally
John

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
John, I've got the wife helping on this one, so I've agreed to keep the paparatzi away.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle