air intrusion

pontoonrob

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello guys, I have put a clear line on the filter to # 1 injector and have a huge air bubble.Hardly any fuel is showing in the clear line.I pulled that fitting off the filter head and a spring came out,not much else.is that normal? any idea where the air might be? if it wasn't for my electric fuel pump I am sure it wouldn't start---Rob

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
You need to replace that check valve.
Probably good idea to replace the rubber loop going to the fuel pump, and all the hard line olives.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Yes, That brass fitting the spring came out of is the filter head check valve and is shot. Many injection pump repair shops have them. Try Mel at Conestoga Diesel in Pa. If not try Oregon fuel injection. They list both sizes. BTW you need to know what size you need. If you have the small return lines you need the smaller size check valve.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Disconnect the fuel lines from the water/fuel seperator. Connect them together
Those seperators are junk. I have dealt with 4 of them, and they all suck air.
Located on firewall drivers side
If that don't work, check plastic lines for holes.
Napa sells repair fittings for this.
Gotta dip the end of the plastic line in boiling hot water, insert fitting, let cool

pontoonrob

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, That brass fitting the spring came out of is the filter head check valve and is shot. Many injection pump repair shops have them. Try Mel at Conestoga Diesel in Pa. If not try Oregon fuel injection. They list both sizes. BTW you need to know what size you need. If you have the small return lines you need the smaller size check valve.
what would happen if there is no check valve behind the spring? is that check valve stuck in there?something IS in the hole. if I can get it out is the valve repairable?---Rob

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
You can run without that check valve but. You have to plug the hole in the filter and plug the line somehow. Now when air is building up in the filter head it must pass thru the injection pump to be eliminated.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726