Air intrusion Q's from newbie

johnnynegaunee

Reaction score
Can anybody help me in my quest to make my '89 start easy at 0 degrees? I just put some clear tubing in my return lines from #1 injector to the filter housing and also from the pump top to to a metal line that goes to ? (a check valve) at the driver side rear injector. As soon as I shut it down air came into the line at the top of the injector pump. Is this normal? I see no sign of leaks accept the rear tank is damp with oil from the top above where the fuel line immerge Would an electric pump purge enough air from this system to improve starts? :confused: Thanks for the input.

ramon f350

Reaction score
maybe a bad seal arond the nipple on the fuel delivery hose. I dont know that if the electric fuel pump would make any difference or not. the first thing I would do is make sure that your clear hose from the top of the IP was sealed well otherwise that may be why the air jumped in there so quickly if it is sealled well me thinks you got serious leaks somewhere sorry i wasnt more help.
Ramon

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the site.

I see no sign of leaks accept the rear tank is damp with oil from the top above where the fuel line immerge

I think you answered your own question. This area should be dry. You should not see air anywhere in the system. However, you have to discount the possibility that the air is there because you just installed the plastic tubing.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online

No members online now.