Agree with me that this is a stuck injector.

steamtownwelde

Reaction score
It gives only a single pop on startup. Installed the new injectors and return lines. No change in symptoms but a noticable increase in power even with the issues. Neat. Seems to be bleeding compression past the threads of one injector. Same injector that gave me a hard time catching a thread during the install. Considered double stacking crush washers but that would move the injector tip up. Enough to matter? A thread sealant seems like a bandaid for a bigger problem..

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
That leaking injecter has a cut seat in the head. You need a seat reamer to cut a new seat. Really easy if you have the reamer and no worrys bout the cuttings falling into the cylinders. They wil not hurt anything they are that small. Cast iron chips and not really cuts.

steamtownwelde

Reaction score
Used the seat reamer. Worked awesome. Got the cracked line fixed. No fuel leaks but no improvement. Dang! Oh well it needed new injectors anyway. It's a 40 minute drive to where I hhave the truck so its tough to make time to go work on it. Considering taking it to a highly recomended local diesel shop. I never have others work on my vehicles but time is over riding money on this one. If I tear into it and find a wiped out cam lobe I'm going to be a sad sob! But off to the shop it will go :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle