Aftermarket fuel gauge

Waystro

No Class
Reaction score
my fuel gauge didnt work either. i replaced the switch and BAM! it works like normal again!

do us a favor put the description of your truck in your signature.
lets everyone know what you are working on instead of guessing.

from the looks of your posts, youre going to be here a while workin out the bugs!
thse trucks sure are fun tho... IMO

Haha yeah. I'll try the switch thanks ;Sweet

Waystro

No Class
Reaction score
Got my truck in the signature. I don't see it under my post tho :dunno never mind it showed up ;Sweet

jaluhn83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm fond of isspro gauges - good quality, no excess fluff and good support.

That being said, the gauge is rarely a problem on these trucks, usually it's sensor or tank switch valve.

I have had good luck replacing the sensor with a generic aftermarket setup though - no need to mess with replacing the whole pickup assembly. What I do is to take the stock sensor circuit card apart on the pickup tube assembly and then screw a generic aftermarket level sensor onto the flat plate and use the stock float/arm clamped onto the aftermarket sensor arm. It's a big of a bodge and takes some adjustment to get the calibration to be accurate but it works and it far cheaper/easier than messing with new OEM setup.

dizdak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my gauge works, but is not a steady read, i get down to near 1/2 tank and on take off it reads empty, then comes back, every stop and go it fluctuates, could this also be the sending unit? i need to drop my tanks anyway to replace / repair the pick up tubes, hate holding my breath at 1/4 tank..