Added two more doors.

Leeland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No need to be jealous, could have tried out for the Seals or joined the Navy's fighting department: USMC. ;Poke
I don't think the material is 7ft wide, just wide enough to cover the head liner when I measured a while back. Had to have the wife help, she's the seamstress.
https://shop.vtarmynavy.com/mobile/desert-digital-camo-material-p6532.aspx
The source, they had some cool stuff. Told my Navy buddy it's too bad he didn't have a blue truck with blue interior, the newer Navy digital pattern would look pretty sweet as a headliner in that.

Leeland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes I did, this afternoon. I get to stay mechanical. Still have the turbo/spider/plenums to sell as well as the dash/eng/trans wiring and IDM,PCM.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
I'd like to have all that, but in no position to buy anything. Lol
I asked because I was going to see if you wanted to buy a smf setup.
So mine and my brothers 96 both have smf when bought. On my brothers we thought it was also because the noise it made, but it was the clutch disc itself. The center splines were loose to the disc. And one of the springs came out.
Gonna post it around, just needs a new disc.

Sent from my SM-T537R4 using Tapatalk

Leeland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh, yeah, I'm good on that.
If every thing works out the way I'm planning, I'm going to need a intake hat to replace a banks set up so I can plumb a CAC to the IDI.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
is that a wastegated turbo?
slap down a pic of the dash...

Leeland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wiring. I do have the dash that came out of the stroke but it's the tan swap going in the crew.
Are you referring to the stroke turbo I got left over now or the Banks kit I'm planning to pick up

Leeland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
More work done on the rear door manual to electric window swap.
Installed the drivers door harness out of a 97 today and started running the body jumper harness from the same truck. I'm not done but here's a couple differences so far.

You must be registered for see images attach

The front door boots are bigger, the connector housings had to be removed to swap the boot over on the driver side. Still have the passenger side to do.

Part of this swap is the body jumper harness in the left side door sill channel. Come to find out my 93 dash harness and body jumper uses a rectangular 8pin, the 97 uses a round 8 pin. I happened to have a 94 IDI 5spd dash harness laying around. It has the round 8 pin connector needed. So in it went. The two different body jumpers are the 4 connectors shown.

So this 97 body jumper harness also has the door switch in the wrong spot. I'm going to be opening the harness to peel/possibly extend the wiring so I can connect my door switch that's located in the b-pillar.

I got the front section all connected, connect the batteries. Truck started fine. My drivers door switch panel was missing the door lock switch so plug one in and the passenger front window goes down by plugging that in. Hit the passenger side window button from the drivers control panel and that the door locks and unlocks. Like ok, weird. Check the passenger front door connector, it's pinned backwards in relationship to the 97 drivers door harness that it plugs into. I have the correct passenger door harness out of the 97 to compare to and it matches the drivers harness to double check I had my pins in the correct locations. I took pics of every side of every connector I took apart so I was pretty sure it wasn't me. I'll get a pic of the differences later. I plugged in said correct harness, door locks worked correctly. Did not have window movement, not sure if that's due to the rear window regs not being plugged in or if there's some thing else going on.
Still have to pull my seats, carpet, headliner, couple panels to finish the body jumper harness.
That's where my swap is at.

Last edited:

Leeland

Full Access Member
Reaction score

The pin out difference for the passenger front door. Green housing is the 93 harness, black the 97. Swapped out the passenger front harness, plugged in the rears and got the front doors operational.

Still got all that to put in.

Pillar pod got pulled, moving the gauges to the dash.

Last edited:

junk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks awesome man! Your doing a swap I've always wanted to in my 89. I've always wanted to have rear door power windows. Why ford waited so long to do that blows my mind.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i really need to finish up my power windows.
******* sidejobs are always getting in the way of my vehicles!
altho the parts pile is getting bigger!
new seals,
navy blue digi camo headliner, thanks to your inspiration
a new rear CC door THANKS HYDRO-IDI!
new water temp & oil pressure gauge
5 gallons of delo 400
and a turbo rebuild!

Leeland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know either, I wanted it done before summer, rolling the back windows down is kinda inconvenient with short arms.

No it's not. I have a pre and post CAC temp gauge, when I gather two more gauges the pillar pod is going back in.

Did you find that material in bulk? If you did I'd like to share the source with a Navy buddy.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online