acceptable egt,s

orangecrush73

orangecrush73
Reaction score
i have a 2000 dually with ATS ext. manifold 4 in.pipe and h.o. injectors with my smarty set on 5 towing t.g.v.w. of around 21,000 trk. and trailer .my pyro while pulling a 5 to 6 % grad would rapidly clime to 1000 before i started to let out of the throttle. probe is pre turbo.am i towing with too aggressive a tune.this seams pritty hot to me knowing alum. melts at around 1220 deg.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
you can go past the 1200 mark just don't hang out there - I used to blow past the 1200 mark all the time but I didn't stay in her for more than a minute or so - more than that and that is when things actually start to reach that temp. Remember you are looking at the temp of the gasses coming out not the temp of the metal in there - you will have a few seconds (something close to a minute or so I think) before the metal actually gets that hot.

You might try backing off the tune just a bit and see what happens - is this one that you select different ranges on the fly? A buddy has the edge juice on his 24v and we can select different levels on the fly.

orangecrush73

orangecrush73
Reaction score
its the smarty and its a plug tune and unplug unit .but it does have its advantages pretty nice unit my .02 how you explained the temp of the gasses makes perfect sense now.ill back it off for the next tow.thanks.