AC to Compressor

chris142

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's about how I plan to mount mine. I don't have the hood on so I can't verify clearance, but the line of sight between the cowl and the core support looks promising. Ideally, I'd like to stand it straight up, but it didn't look like it would clear the underside of the hood.

You must be registered for see images attach

It's supposed to be flat or verticle. Not 1/2 way as your pic shows.make sure to add extra oil in its sump to make up for the angle

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
Mounting it flat on its side as an air compressor will result in blowing all the oil from the sump into the air tank. Vertical mounting is ideal, but won't clear the hood. Many Bronco guys have their York compressors mounted at an angle on their 351's. Extra oil is a must.

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
Also be sure to tap and plug the one oil passage behind the front bearing cover. This alone will cut down on it pushing oil out by 75 percent

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Could delete your vacuum pump and go electric. Nice spot there but you'd be totally on your own for brackets. Probably only a good idea if you do hydroboost brakes too.

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
Saved!

Perfect timing on that as Sunday my phone deleted 5 years or so worth of bookmarked information. I'm still pretty sore about that.