AC to Compressor

6.9_Idi

6.9idi Owner
Reaction score
Hello I am hoping to install a York 210 compressor in my 1985 f250 6.9idi for on board air does any one know what parts I need?

Last edited:

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
Some steel and a welder :D My truck came with AC, but a PO removed it so I'm planning to fab something to bolt my York to the factory bracket. Not sure where you could mount it with the AC compressor in place. Real estate is at a prime with these big V blocks.

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
That's what I'll be doing. I'm still not 100% on how it'll get done. The mounting holes for the compressor will need to be milled (elongated) and a adjuster fabbed up for belt tensioning. Since you still have the sheet metal for the factory compressor it may be easier to make a bracket. The offroad guys say it's best to mount them as upright as possible to keep the oil from the case out of the airflow, but it might have to be mounted at an angle. I'll try to remember to grab my York Monday and take some pics for you with it and the factory AC bracket.

chris142

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have seen an aftermarket AC system with a York on there. Had an ugly cobbled up bracket setup

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
I have seen an aftermarket AC system with a York on there. Had an ugly cobbled up bracket setup

Talking about this? (Bottom view)

You must be registered for see images attach

It mounts the York on its side. It was a dealer install AC bracket that use the York instead of the sanden (sp?) style compressor.

chris142

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Talking about this? (Bottom view)

It mounts the York on its side. It was a dealer install AC bracket that use the York instead of the sanden (sp?) style compressor.
Same idea but that one is nice.the one I saw was cobbled up,bad welds and mounted the compressor off kilter so the belt would squeel

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
These things are freggin' rare. That is one towcat has. I've looked many times on ebay and searched the corners of the interwebs to find a prefabbed bracket for the IDI other than the one in the pic with no luck. I've just resolved to Mao one myself. Luckily my dad has a milling machine.

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
Here's about how I plan to mount mine. I don't have the hood on so I can't verify clearance, but the line of sight between the cowl and the core support looks promising. Ideally, I'd like to stand it straight up, but it didn't look like it would clear the underside of the hood.