ABS light on?

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
My ABS light is on, it has come on before and went off but now it is staying on. This is on my 94, what would cause this to come on? My brakes feel good and seem to work just fine. I actually replaced a section of steel line this weekend as prevention when I saw how rusty it was and have fully bleed the whole system. This did nothing for the light which was on before I even started the work. I have tried unplugging the what I assume is the ABS module under the master cylinder on the frame rail and the connection looks good. Not sure where to take it from here.

smokin150

aka Diesel Weasel
Reaction score
Check ur fuses, my pop has a 93 and his light was on... Found 2 blown fuses, replaced and the light is no longer on... On another note I know there is a few other things that could cause the light to come on (sensors and what-not) but I'm not really to sure on where to look or how to test. Someone else might chime in with more info.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
The fluid level sensor can make it come on. The vss can.
Mine stays on also. Every once in awhile it'll be off, until I hit 15mph then comes back on.

You can flash out the code though.

subway

Reaction score
How do you flash out the code, I will have to look that up.

subway

Reaction score
Thanks guys, I shook my float in my master cylinder even though it looked good and pulled out all my fuses for a look. Not sure which one but one of those actions cleared my ABS light.

subway

Reaction score
I wish Eric, it runs a crap ton better but it was on when Mel took it away for my upgrade. LOL

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
ok so it was the two extremes. the light was mad b/c wheel speed was so slow and it is now mad b/c wheel speed is "too fast".........does that sound better lol?

rjglenn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been chasing this ABS light too. I found some of the wires in the bundle that goes to the plug on the multi-function switch were loose in the plug housing and falling out. Old plastic I suppose... Anyhow I jammed some tooth picks to hold the wires in until I can get to the junk yard to pull a newer plug and splice in there. The problem *appears* to be solved for now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7