a new *** is this.....

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
found this on that dually i parted a few weeks ago. first i found this sticker, but didnt think anything of it.

You must be registered for see images attach

but then i take off the air cleaner lid and see this..

removed it here

*** is it, never seen one before. was goign to bring it with to the rally hopefully find someone that is NA and on the dyno and test it....

Jake_IN

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Not sure what it is but couldn't help see a resemblance. I guess it helps it breath better :D ba dum chee!
You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
same guy who made a fortune selling these.......;Sweet

LOL! I remember seeing ads for them on tv and I thought it was a TOTAL crock of...well, you kow what.

The only thing I was sold on before was a throttle body spacer for my 5.3 vortec I had 8 years ago. It actually made a seat of the pants difference.

But those turbo thingies for the intake, are just added weight to a vehicle....londa like an electric turbo/supercharger.

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
this thing does smooth out the run into the intake manifold. just curious. lol

Ididriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that looks...intersting.
nice to see a before and after dyno on it. my bet would be slightly lower numbers. or maybe same because na engines arent pulling as much air as aboosted engine:dunno
idk just thinking outloud...

GenLightening

Yeah, it's a CHEVY!
Reaction score
I did that to my stock intake. Figured it would help the flow some. That piece, while being smoother, also restricts the flow a bit.

rjjp

Needs to go test
Reaction score
It appears to be shaped like a venturi, so maybe they were thinking it would accelerate the air flow.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
That looks like it does two things. First it smooths out the air flow into the intake but why do we really need that. We don't need to mix or fix the air going into the intake or the cylinders. Thats a gasser thing where you want to air and gas to mix better as it enters the cylinders. Socendly I'm seeing what looks like a rubber seal like dam around the aluminum item. Could that be to keep rain water out of the intake... I also see a very rusty air filter lid with what looks like a rain drain hole drilled in it. I know... I see things that nobody else sees.. I'm a little stressed out looking for the puzzle items in pictures...:rotflmao:angel:

redmondjp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It smooths the airflow and it does work. You don't want sharp edges there. Even the air cleaner snout on my '62 Chevy had a rolled, smooth edge on the end of it.

Knuckledragger

blowing chunks and grabbing porcelain
Reaction score
I would be interested to see any air flow studies on this. Even though it seems to restrict flow a little, it actually may flow better than the stock intake. Air (like water) does not like to make sharp turns at high speeds and if forced to do so, causes turbulence that actually inhibits flow. Could be that this thingy increases the air charge to the cylinders. That means more compression and more power, if you can get a little more fuel in at the same time.

BUT--- since this is the first one many have seen, maybe it is just a sales gimmick.