A deal too good to pass up.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Paint here is a summer ritual, we then spend all winter trying to peel off the center line with a big yellow rusty paint scrapper....:rotflmao
with that in mind, I can't see spending the $$$ for the equipment and material only to attempt to remove it half of the year.;Sweet
the stuff in kali will last for 5-7 years.:eek:

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
with that in mind, I can't see spending the $$$ for the equipment and material only to attempt to remove it half of the year.;Sweet
the stuff in kali will last for 5-7 years.:eek:

TRUST ME.....you see the way people drive up here, you WANT all the bright lines you can get!!!!!!!

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
So I got under the truck last night, no big of list of parts to replace so that's cool....The fuel, brake lines are all good - either stainless or plastic coated...The body has some surface rust in spots underneath but nothing that needs more than a cleaning and undercoating.;Sweet....My only issue was the 2pc driveshaft....It's rusty and I think it's one of those unservicable ******** and the steady bearing is rotten....I will have Drive Products build me a brand new shaft that is servicable...Probably be $300 less that the dealer shaft....What ******* at Ford got an award for that idea?...Staked u-joints.-cusscookoo...There is $1281 worth of new brakes on this truck, 5000KM on them. It needs tires, they have lots of tread left but they are beat on the sidewalls.

The interior cleaned up well, if I keep the truck it will go to a detailer for a thorough carpet and seat shampoo.:D I should have my new frame mid week, so I can paint it...I have 2 cash jobs coming shortly so this may take a couple months to get finished. I have a list of little stuff to find at the junkyard for it but so far my budget is looking to be in line with what I envisioned.;Sweet....It must have been in a small front-ender, the RF corner has new everything right down to inner fender with the date 03/22/11 on it so it was recent....New front bumper, headlights and etc...Bonus!....The frame is junk, I can poke my finger through it in places.:eek:

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
If and when you get your hands on that paint for the frame, and you want to sell some of it to help fund the F150 project....let me know!!! I need somethign to do the frame on my F350 with, and I don't think duplicolor rattle cans are gonna cut it when the white stuff flies this winter!!!

If you can get me the VIN number off that '06 you were looking at, or even the 4Mxxx number it used to have, I can have my buddy in the shop at Dexters get me service records for it. That was one of the trucks that went in the auction this spring. They bought all new 2011 F150's with the 4.6's in them, and the higher ups got the 3.6 turbo trucks......apparent.y the 3.5 v6 trucks work pretty good...:dunno

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
My buddy BJ bought a 2011 eco-boost FX4 4wd, that thing friggin hauls' plain and simple....The torque is crazy.....He gets really good fuel mileage too.

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
I got my frame today, it looks A1....Excellent condition. The old truck worked awesome on the trip, never skipped a beat....120 miles round trip, 14MPG (imperial) for fuel.....That’s what you get with this pig - empty, loaded, around town - doesn’t matter.....14MPG....Easy enough to quote trucking jobs when your fuel costs are that simple...LOL....I’m going to buy a new pressure washer tomorrow...Mine took a dump....It should clean the frame up well, then I can needle scale it and paint it before I undercoat the inside of it. My buddy at the local Ford dealership is going to hook me up with his cost on some tires and a few other parts to save me some dough:sly....I see a case of Corona in his future.;Sweet...I have to go see him Saturday to place my order...:rotflmao

You must be registered for see images attach

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Yeah, those ecoboosts are the cats a$$. If I were to own a F150, thats what I would get in it for sure.

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
Yup, I saw one toying with some *** sports car on the highway last week, as hard as he tried that little *** car couldn't loose the ecoboost 4x4 and I think the truck was just playing with him anyways.....LOL

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
Looks like a nice project. How hard would it be to make it 4wd? They both use A arm suspensions with torsion bars. Would it be just a matter of putting in a live front axle, t-case and trans? I know 4wd is practically a must up there for you guys

gunz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I rebuilt a truck a few years back when I was in Lousiana. I took it to a guy that painted ships. he hung it from a crane adn sandblasted it, then use a black paint epoxy ( i think it was demet coating) its the black they use on ship hulls. he did it for me in 2 days and it cost me a case of barley flavored adult beverages. That stuff was awesome. the whole truck would rust off the frame before that stuff would rust.

Anyhow it looks like a fun project. Keep us posted.

fordf350dually

ih power
Reaction score
brush on rustoleum then spray it while it wet with a rustoleum rattle can. it works really well. it makes it real thick almost like powdercoat. and the fishoil in it makes it shiny :)

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
It's getting a coat of caterpillar semi gloss black and then two coats of undercoating before the snow flies.;Sweet....I don't need another 4wd, if it's snowing I'm driving my 1-ton anyways as I would be out plowing....I just knock the 9ft blade off and hit the highway to work...I would rather put the old truck in the ditch than my daily driver...LOL

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle