a cold snow start (f-bomb warning)

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One things for sure, this video must tick off the guys here who have trucks that are plugged in, garage kept, and money spent on that live in threads called "hard to start" or whatever. ;p

Just salt in the wound.

oldmisterbill

Grumpy Old Man
Reaction score
Funny that is why I bought my 1st deisel Ford a n 84 6.9 auto 4x4. It was Jan 23 1994-we were getting storm s every few days.My 4 chevy plow trucks were getting hammered day after day plowing.I knew I needed a truck that was ready to plow-for cheap money.and quickly.1 of my drivers said his dad had a Ford deisel,I told him no way.
After a day looking around He mentioned it again.So we drove to Pelham NH.His dad was an old school yankee I asked him about the truck hesaid he had on with a good plow for $2000 (he was retired and health was failing-nice guy though) I asked him where it was -then I knew I wasn't interested because he pointed to a pile where they had plowed sno up and said right there under the snow.I tried to excuse myself and leave but he kinda insisted that I would like it.I went aorund and saw the roof and top of the drivers door,he told me the vent window wasn't latched and I could reach in and open the window"I gotta humor him and get outta here with out insulting him"so I opened the window and wiggled in.I had never been in the seat of a Ford deisel & was totally lost.dazed,& confused.He hollered in to me how to start it ,I said when did it "last run' -Thanksgiving day he said.""well lets get this over with.It fooled me started right up."
"drive it outta there he said "no way will it get through this snow bank" :yell:"try it it'll do it" OMG!! :thumbsup:it walked through it like nothing. :hail Now were sitting in the drive way and there is no plow on it."Where is the plow?" "Out in that field-go get it" "no way I ain't getting it stuck out there and feel I have to get it back here!" He looks at his son-"go hook up that plow"off he goes through 3 feet of of wet snow hooks up the plow and drives it back. "DAMM did I just see that?'
Ok will you take $1500 for it? :thumbsup: It needs a muffler or something? "I don't think so"-"oh well take it" The next day I was in love with the Ford it was a bit slower but pushed so much better then the chevys it was in the long run faster getting the job done. And was always easy to start even thought it was never plugged in.;Sweet:hail

Thats my story & I'm sticking to it. :yell:Yea Ford!!

92F350CC

Ford Man
Reaction score
It's Dave's truck, he can do whatever the hell he wants to it. Seriously folks, I love these trucks too, but in the end, it's all just material and if he owns it and feels the desire to destroy it, more power to him. His videos are generally very entertaining and I watch them quite a bit, though they may cease because he is in some legal trouble right now. Also, that chopped up car with the mast, etc, was called the Redneck Roller Coaster, and was featured on Country Fried Home Videos. That also got him into some other legal trouble a year or so ago.

dakotajeep

Patrolling
Reaction score
There is a difference between thinking its too bad and getting pissed about it. Most of us just hate to see it happen.

But you are correct, in the end its just stuff!

Thad

HammerDown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea-yea, material stuff or not...I'd still like like to see a hand come out of the dash with a pipe attached to it :backoff ;Really

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm just glad he didn't use either to start it. But really, this is davesfarm we are talking about here. Rednecks look at him and say, "dude, you went too far". He is a Utube god for a reason.:rotflmao

He was even featured on a german TV show once. Great, now all of germany thinks that canadians are like him!!! HAHA

Need4racin

Reaction score
Everyone of those vehicles out there he got free, except for a bus which he paid $600 for and it has a 7.3.

But people donate alot of vehicles to him. I think that is his only ford truck, the f250, which he got free from a car lot that was going to take it to auction.

None the less his vehicle abuse videos are fun to watch. I think he gets paid 3 or $4,000 a month from google from the ads on his videos.

EDIT- I don't know him, just what I know from watching his videos on youtube.

BROWNIEBOY525

The old fleet
Reaction score
if you watch his other vids about that truck it it completely rusted out and would require tons of money and time to get it back on the road so no big deal in my book at least he didn't just send it to the crusher.

Captain Morgan

Pipeline Mechanic
Reaction score
I bet if the truck was here the two new batteries wouldn't even turn it over! The video just
proves that the glow plugs and associated relays and wiring were in working order. The fuel
system is not sucking air and he really had nothing better to do. The truck is pretty much
junk as far as a serviceable life, you shouldn't get upset that some chose to finish off their
junk themselves as opposed to being insulted by others as to its "parts" value. I have been
holding on to a "Turnkey drop in anything T444E" because I am asking 2/3 of core price,as an example of those who try to scrap out the parts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance