a cold snow start (f-bomb warning)

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know which is worse, this guy or the ones who were driving into the pond repeatedly until it sucked water. Why people choose to abuse these things is beyond me. :dunno It's a testament that's for sure.

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
I don't know which is worse, this guy or the ones who were driving into the pond repeatedly until it sucked water. Why people choose to abuse these things is beyond me. :dunno It's a testament that's for sure.

Mel i think it's the same guy. He has several hundred youtube videos and i know i've seen him drive that truck into a lake.

i was looking through his videos and it seems like there's a trend towards vehicle abuse. He seems to have made it into a profitable venture thru youtube. i may be guilty of watching a few:dunno

Regardless, i dont know that i've seen a better cold start video than that one.

BTW i had a New Yorker like the one at the beginning of the video with a 440. mine was lima bean green though. talk about a land yacht.

dakotajeep

Patrolling
Reaction score
I hate seeing stuff like that. The guy could spend a little and get it back on the road. Or part it out to us that are going to actually drive them......

Same type of stuff in the Jeep world. Guys take em out and bash them in the country when they dont pass inspection.....lame.

Thad

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
this guy is nuts...

PAST nuts....He may be trying to prove a point:dunno but I'm leaning more towards :idiot: by definition...in Websters dictionary his picture is there ;Sweet

The snork hose was totally pinched off....the throttle cable froze/snow packed....:***:

I can only imagine what his attitude would have been if it didn't start......

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Looking at the video this is the Davesfarm guy that has posted so many vehicle bashing videos on youtube. It is horrible to see someone do that to vehicles. He has also made some of the outlandish stuff that has gone around the 'net. If you look in the background when they are trying to drive it out of the snowbank you can see the smaller car (A cavalier i think) with the steering wheel and cockpit mounted on a "mast" about 10 feet above and out past the front bumper. I remember seeing that one on a hard stop it will pull that back of the car off the ground and almost touch the drivers feet to the ground. He is truely abusive to anything he gets his hands on. I think I saw on another post on here that this guy hates fords and started to abuse this truck because it was a Ford, it just would not give up... so now it has turned into a "lets see what I can do to it" contest........ cookoo :puke: -cuss

Andylad13

DieselBoy
Reaction score
buyers beware when she thaws out!!!

by the way, i think he knew it would start the whole time. its international damnit!

82F100SWB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sure, he could part it out, but, what's the fun in that? Seriously, If I had acres of property and vehicles that were given to me, I'd do the same thing... Maybe not with an IDI F350, but, a rusty old beater car, sure, I'll beat it into submission and then sell it off for scrap metal, no problems there.
If you think that's horrible, you put entirely too much value on what is little more than scrap metal that still runs. There is a very large difference between a vehicle of value, and something that is basically junk but might have some fun left in it and was FREE.
It's not like he's turning around and trying to sell this stuff.
If you watch his other videos, you will see that Dave is an accomplished mechanic, and generally a pretty normal kind of guy. The cold start videos are at the request of his viewers, you'd be surprised how many people on you tube ask for that sort of stuff.
As for if it hadn't started, if you watch some of his other videos, you'd see that if it doesn't start, it doesn't start, might get some colourfull comments about it not starting, but, that's about it.

My 6.9 truck is going to see a much worse beating this summer than that one ever has, since my 460 is wounded, and I'm not working, the 6.9 is getting the Boggers and going four wheeling. It WILL be getting a snorkel.

ddec4me

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WOW! Yeah it is a testament for sure both the dependability of the ol 7.3 and the dependability that someone somewhere is always doing something that does not make much sense.

dakotajeep

Patrolling
Reaction score
Sure, he could part it out, but, what's the fun in that? Seriously, If I had acres of property and vehicles that were given to me, I'd do the same thing... Maybe not with an IDI F350, but, a rusty old beater car, sure, I'll beat it into submission and then sell it off for scrap metal, no problems there.
If you think that's horrible, you put entirely too much value on what is little more than scrap metal that still runs. There is a very large difference between a vehicle of value, and something that is basically junk but might have some fun left in it and was FREE.
It's not like he's turning around and trying to sell this stuff.

My 6.9 truck is going to see a much worse beating this summer than that one ever has, since my 460 is wounded, and I'm not working, the 6.9 is getting the Boggers and going four wheeling. It WILL be getting a snorkel.

All I can say is that I disagree.

With that said I have been known to drive a condemned old Ford LTD around herding cows, fencing and hot rodding. Again the purpose wasnt to purposely beat to $hit a piece of equipment.

I still hate seeing old rigs rust to death while they have totally usable parts on them. Its the reason that I asked my Gpa for an old 68 Chevy that was rusting to death. I got it running by cleaning the carb and good gas and drove it around all summer like nothing was wrong. (It coulda used some brake work though) It still pulls duty as a yard work machine!

Thad

HammerDown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He's pissed because the "wait to start" light was taking so long.
I'd like to see a hand come out of the dash with a pipe attached to it :backoff

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online