A/C r34 or upgrade? 1992 IDI 7.3L

92LongBed

Reaction score
Where are you at? I specialize in auto ac. First thing is to check the orifice tube for contamination then pressure test the system and look for leaks.
im in upstate SC, i gotta learn how to work on the A/C thats for sure. I got pressure gauges from my dad so shouldnt be too hard just need to see it be done a couple a times

chris142

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just bought a universal o ring kit from napa, New ones are green, the ones you'll take out will probably be black or brown in color.
As for leak testing, yes you either vacuum it to 29inhg of vacuum, or pressurize it to 350 Psi with nitrogen and then hit it with soapy water.
350 psi is way too much. You will blow the evaporator up. Federal law is 100 psi. I usually do 200

chris142

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im in upstate SC, i gotta learn how to work on the A/C thats for sure. I got pressure gauges from my dad so shouldnt be too hard just need to see it be done a couple a times
Ya you are a little far away. If you ever decide to visit death valley let me know.

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
350 psi is way too much. You will blow the evaporator up. Federal law is 100 psi. I usually do 200
I'm 608/609 certified, besides the system normally has 350psi on the high side. A condenser and evaporator are made almost essentially the same, what differentiates them is where they're physically located. I've also pressurized tons of vehicles ranging from cars to rvs to semis and never had one blow apart that wasn't leaking already.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7