95 turbo diesel

promustangman

Reaction score
Ok guys need some input !! I am looking a a 95 crewcab dually turbo diesel with 350k onit ??? Is that too many miles They are wanting $3000 for it ???
:dunno

u2slow

bilge rat
Reaction score
That is a lot of miles.

If it came with a spare good-used engine for that price, I'd consider it. Otherwise, I'd pass and keep looking.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i payed 3,000.00 for mine with 314,000 miles needing a motor.

miles dont mean ****!how well it was maintained and taken care of is the important part.

wils2527

Dumb Engineer
Reaction score
Agreed. Maintenance is the most important part of these trucks. I would be reluctant to give up $3000 if the previous owner didn't have some sort of record book for the truck. Also is the truck an automatic or manual? Receipts for an E40D let you know when you're going to have to buy another one.

wils2527

Dumb Engineer
Reaction score
You're in Sacramento? There are tons online in Reno Craigslist. I've had good luck there. Plus the sale of truck on Sacramento Craigslist fluctuates. I would wait until the spring that seems to be when a ton get listed on there. Just a thought.

promustangman

Reaction score
re

yeah i think we are just gonna pull our 84 apart do the heads and freeze plug deal . Do i need to replace the head bolts i have heard 2 stories yes and no !! lol

most of my parts i will be getting at autozone or kragen

thanks

Also do i want the felpro gaskets or the victor heinz ones??

Last edited:

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agreed. Maintenance is the most important part of these trucks. I would be reluctant to give up $3000 if the previous owner didn't have some sort of record book for the truck. Also is the truck an automatic or manual? Receipts for an E40D let you know when you're going to have to buy another one.

dont need records of everything.do you have a reciept for every little thing youve done to your vehicles?ive got somewhere around 40,000.00 invested in mine and dont have a reciept for a damn thing.if you cANT tell it was maintained/taken care of by looking at it and driving it,shouldnt be buying a vehicle

u2slow

bilge rat
Reaction score
Even when maintained, there is still an end. Maintenance isn't a replacement for overhauls and rebuilds. That many miles is getting to the thin edge of the wedge. The fact it got that far is a sign of decent maintenance though ;)

wils2527

Dumb Engineer
Reaction score
Yeah I've got stacks of receipts for everything. Luckily the 94.5 I bought had a file cabinet full of receipts when I bought it. But a good majority of them is always nice to see.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online