95 split bench in a 92?

Deezelcaddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
as the title implies, i want to put a 95 split bench seat in my 92. does anybody know if this is a direct bolt or will i need to do some fabbing? i figured i would ask the experts before i tore my truck apart. thanx in advance

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yup.the super cab split back bench seat,bolts right in.i used to have one in mine until i recently found another bench.
the only thing i had to do,was grab and bend the high back built in head rests away from the window with the bench bolted in.they bend surprisingly easy.so be careful.it's just so they don't hit and put pressure on the rear window with the seat all the way back.direct bolt in though.

FORDF250HDXLT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is a single cab seat going in a crew cab truck. Still no issues?

still no issues.
however im not familiar with a split back bench offered a reg cab.i thought i had made it up myself lol.(i thought they were super cab only)
i just put a crew cab bench in my reg cab,so there's no issues there that im aware of either.
pretty much any bench from any style cab will interchage.
the only issue im aware of on this,is that a front crew cab bench doesn't fold forward,so if you want one in a reg cab,you'll have to suffer lol or swap over the folding bench bar and mechanisms.this info doesn't apply to you,just what i ran into and need to source these parts.mostly a tip since typing it out for other searchers.
your split back bench will bolt in the front or the rear of that crew cab and fold without issues.
good luck.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Crew cab and regular cab seats interchange with no issue,crews can swap front to rear

.bronco and extended cabs use a different floor.modifications are needed to swap seats from bronco/excab into a reg/crew cab

FORDF250HDXLT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Crew cab and regular cab seats interchange with no issue,crews can swap front to rear

.bronco and extended cabs use a different floor.modifications are needed to swap seats from bronco/excab into a reg/crew cab

i think that only applies to the 40/20/40's Rich,because a super cab bench bolted directly into my reg cab.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I tried using seats and console from a bronco and extended cab in my reg cab,wasnt fun sitting sideways while driving.

I have 40/20/40 front and rear in my crew cab.both came out of regular cabs

FORDF250HDXLT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
maverick im sorry but that's wrong as worded.that may very well be the case for the 40/20/40 seats(what most people call buckets.) but when talking bench seats as this,the super cab bench, bolts directly into a reg cab without modification.the reason i know this to be the case is because iv done it.(this therefore makes the crew cab benches the same as well,minus the lack of folding front in the crew as mentioned.)
this is me reading the E/C = extended cab (meaning super cab - fords term.) if im misreading,my bad!:)

Maverick1701

Full Access Member
Reaction score
maverick im sorry but that's wrong as worded.that may very well be the case for the 40/20/40 seats(what most people call buckets.) but when talking bench seats as this,the super cab bench, bolts directly into a reg cab without modification.the reason i know this to be the case is because iv done it.(this therefore makes the crew cab benches the same as well,minus the lack of folding front in the crew as mentioned.)
this is me reading the E/C = extended cab (meaning super cab - fords term.) if im misreading,my bad!:)

I was talking about 40/20/40. I have never tried to swap a bench before so I don't know when it comes to those.

I had to double check. Found this post by IDI John (the man the legend)
http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1135331-seat-swaps.html#post11364491

and here on OB (post #2)
http://www.oilburners.net/forums/sh...-40-20-40-seat&p=448815&viewfull=1#post448815

FORDF250HDXLT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah,just cus this thread here is about the bench seats i wanted to clarify that is all.;Sweet