'94 IDIT runs rough, low power, nearly overheating after Moose IP

ocnorb

IDIT
Reaction score
Did you pull the trigger on the Promar?

I don't have any idea about Promars.

I know Jasper gets mixed/bad reviews, but the one N/A 7.3 that I test drove (30k miles w/receipts) impressed me by how quiet it was and how much power it had.

SLC97SR5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not quite yet. I think that is the way I'm heading but I'm spooked by them being so far away. Research shows that I shouldn't have anything to worry about but there is a lot to be said for being able to swing the Truck past the local machinist that did the work.

I feel bad for the builder here in Utah that has all my junk parts. I'd love to give him the business but we haven't had any luck finding a suitable long block.

ocnorb

IDIT
Reaction score
Not quite yet. I think that is the way I'm heading but I'm spooked by them being so far away. Research shows that I shouldn't have anything to worry about but there is a lot to be said for being able to swing the Truck past the local machinist that did the work.

I feel bad for the builder here in Utah that has all my junk parts. I'd love to give him the business but we haven't had any luck finding a suitable long block.

There is a 7.3 on FB Marketplace in West Jordan. Looks like the kid tore it apart, but it looks to all be there:

You must be registered for see images attach

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With all the glitter in the oil, now would be the time to have Russ or myself checkout your turbo.

SLC97SR5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Having the turbo checked out is a great idea...only money right?:cry:

Picked up the old battered core today, I'm going to send it to Promar anyway, perhaps they can help another 7.3 live on.

SLC97SR5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have nearly all of the pieces to put this engine back together (except the engine).

I am looking for a set of exhaust manifolds. Both sides had some decent cracks along the bolt holes and the webbing.

Are the Dorman's any good?

The reviews are not great and I really would like this to be a drop it in and fire up type swap...not discover the manifolds wont accept the exhaust after the engine is in the truck.

Any other manifolds I should be looking at?

ocnorb

IDIT
Reaction score
I have nearly all of the pieces to put this engine back together (except the engine).

I am looking for a set of exhaust manifolds. Both sides had some decent cracks along the bolt holes and the webbing.

Are the Dorman's any good?

The reviews are not great and I really would like this to be a drop it in and fire up type swap...not discover the manifolds wont accept the exhaust after the engine is in the truck.

Any other manifolds I should be looking at?

I have these in my shed:

They are yours if you want them. I don’t see any cracks, but I’m not sure where to look on these for sure.

SLC97SR5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ocnorb, it was great to meet you. Thanks for the manifolds, they look great and will be put to good use!

Anyone have a source for a IDI-T specific oil cooler bundle?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmustang1965

Members online