94.5 f350 7.3 powerstroke replaced ipr now won't start.

Dallas kovach

Reaction score
have a 94 f350 with the 7.3 powerstroke one day it just blew a cloud of white smoke died on the highway restarted after it cooled down about 15-20 minutes then
I got it home and it would only die after it heated up. then I changed out the ipr because it had physical damage to the silonoid. now after I changed the ipr and icp it would start and run but for only about 30 seconds. then now it won't start at all. have fuel pressure and fuel in fuel bowl. I have oil pressure and about 200rpms when cranking. I've heard of water getting into the Idm is that a possibility of taking it apart and inspecting it?

Oledirtypearl86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To me it sounds like a faulty ipr have you ran it on a scanner and checked codes along with icp and ipr duty cycle

Dallas kovach

Reaction score
To me it sounds like a faulty ipr have you ran it on a scanner and checked codes along with icp and ipr duty cycle
well at first it would start and run for about 30 seconds then just die. until all of a sudden it just won't start at all now checked all power and grounds going to it also. made sure there wasn't anything shorting out and icp sensor was replaced

Oledirtypearl86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unplugg the icp and try again if that don't work you have a pressure issue all you need it about 500 psi of icp to idle

Dallas kovach

Reaction score
Unplugg the icp and try again if that don't work you have a pressure issue all you need it about 500 psi of icp to idle
I tried unplugging icp and no dice.
anything else? could the Idm be an issue that this could cause? leading up to this my truck would randomly stall like a flip of a key then start back up. then gradually got worse and now this is the position I'm in. won't even start now

Oledirtypearl86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd see if there are any local good boy shops with a good scanner the good kind that will read everything from icp to your ipr duty cycle also might pull up a few codes that are not throwing a check engine light

Dallas kovach

Reaction score
I'd see if there are any local good boy shops with a good scanner the good kind that will read everything from icp to your ipr duty cycle also might pull up a few codes that are not throwing a check engine light
yeah I've called every shop I can around me and nothing that is useful. best option around me is local auto parts stores with cheap obd1 readers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online