93 front speakers

Exekiel69

Reaction score
I want to replace the ones on My truck but I can't find them maybe someone here knows where to get them?

Thank You.

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are talking about the ones in the doors, I bought a pair at Walmart that fit the holes, for less than thirty bucks, that sound way better than the factory ones ever did.

reklund

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got my stockers I took out in favor of some nice components (see picture- the tweeter is visible, the rest is behind the panel)

They're yours for the cost of shipping if you want 'em...

Ryan

Attachments

• Recent additions... 001.jpg
    Recent additions... 001.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 10

Exekiel69

Reaction score
I searched for "f350 front speakers" with no results, but I think I may go down to wallmart and get Me a set if they are so cheap do You have a part # or just ask for the speakers to the attendant?. I don't really use the radio but I like it in good working condition.

Thank You all.

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
Ez,

I put 6" round Boston Acoustics in mine. Have to trim the hole out if you want the speaker to fit behind the factory panel. Or any 5.25 round speaker will fit the stock location with no modifications required. You get better sound out of a 6" though. Only about 10-15 minutes of trimming required.

dbensen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I second or maybe third Crutchfields.com. For $69.00 I purchased a set of Kenwoods (with connectors) and couldn't be happier. Go to a local store and listen to all of them. That's what sold me on the Kenwoods. Everyones ears are a little different so see what you think when you hear them. Have fun and good luck, Doug

'86 F-250 4x4
'89 E-250 ATS turbo

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
Double check the whole size. I think it is a 6 1/2" opening. Well, at least that's what fit in my factory opening.
Doug

Yeah, that's what I meant. Been drinking since 3:00 last year;p . Magnet depth also had to do with me cutting the holes out. Some peakers has bigger magnets so they will sit deeper in the doors holes.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Well You guys recommend them so well that maybe I'll go with this guys, I see the keenwod and the infinity have good feedback what do You guys think?

Thank You.

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
I can't say anythng about Kenwood speakers, but my CD player is now in it's third truck. I bought it in 1994 still going strong

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Crutchfield is pretty nice to work with - I have had no complains with them over the years.

Now for speakers... My ears may or may not like what your ears do so you'll just have to try them. I do believe that Crutchfield will allow you to return speakers if you don't like them and it's within a short period of time but don't quote me on that - you would need to ask...

now infins typically have a softer type sound to them - more natural if you will - some folks love that and other don't. Me I like my highs crisp and a little on the harsh side so I steer away from them and go for brands that use hard dome tweeters (like MB Quart for example) but that is just my listening tastes - like I said you may not like that...

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
I've had a bunch of Kenwoods over the years & always like them. They had better sound & more power output then my Alpine's did. Not to long ago there were some warrenty issues that got pretty nasty between Kenwood & some of the retailers & some of the bigger name retailers dropped the Kenwood line because of it. Wouldn't shy away because of it though. When I get around to buying a head unit for the Bronco, I'm going Kenwood.

Speakers, you should really go listen to different speakers before you buy, especially if you do it through the mail order places.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk