92 F-250 Vacuum Pump mounting bolts

Expunge

Reaction score
Last night on my way home from work I heard a loud chattering coming from under the hood. Luckily it started when I was pulling into my driveway. I opened the hood and noticed my vacuum pump had fallen completely off. Since this has happened I have been hunting the internet trying to find the correct bolts.

If anyone knows the exact size of these mounting bolts it would be a huge help. I live pretty far from town (2hrs+) so I would really like to buy the correct part. A guy at NAPA told me to just buy a 35$ box of multiple size/length bolts.

DaveBen

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What truck are you referring to? Year and model would help a lot. Put this information in your Signature by clicking on your User Name above.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Hard to know what bolts you need. Serpentine or V belt types are going to be differant. The serpentine belt setup will require you remove the pulley before getting to the bolts. No mater what you use for bolts please use some blue Loctite on them so they wont back out again.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you have serpentine like me you’re in luck, I actually replaced mine with studs, makes it a lot easier actually

chris142

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are just a standard metric thread. Like 8mmx1.0 or ??? Same thread as most cars use for other things.

FarmerFrank

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After the second time I had vacuum pump mounting bolts break on a V belt application a drilled and tapped the alt/ vacuum cast iron bracket to 7/16. Never had a problem after that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk