'90 F350 Crewcab 4x4 "BFTD" Project..

AcIdBuRn02ZTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great ! I don't suppose that $40 tire sale is still going on...? Man wish I had known.

No such luck. It only lasted about a week. They expected it to run for a month. I kinda wish I would have had the coin to order an extra set to keep in the shed now...

AcIdBuRn02ZTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well... with temps in the upper 90s and a kiddo that rides along fairly often, I decided to spend some of my re-gear savings and rebuild the entire AC system.

New evap core, condenser, drier, hoses, and motorcraft compressor. After it was all said and done, I wish I would have tracked down oem hoses and drier due to poor fit of the aftermarket parts... but oh well.

You must be registered for see images attach

Blows cold now... spent an hour on the vac. pump and then 1/2 hour sealed up to see if vac. would drop. Filled the system based on pressure/temp (roughly 85-90 when I finished up... set pressure at 48/225)

Now just have to get the hvac controls to function properly. All I currently have is defrost. Need to replace some vac. lines and actuators.

AcIdBuRn02ZTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took it for a nice drive today.... AC was ICE cold and it was 95 outside with high humidity. Even stays cool at stop lights, etc.

After I got back, I made up a bracket for my bypass oil filter and welded it up. Not the prettiest work I've ever done... but it'll do. This filter is HUGE! I'm waiting on a few fittings to come in.. hopefully monday.

Anyways..

Filter laying on a 5 gallon bucket...

I'm curious to see how much oil capacity I'll gain...

AcIdBuRn02ZTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bypass filtration up and running. Oil capacity has increased to 14qts total. Everything seems to be working well with no leaks. I may end up increasing the restrictor in the return side at some point but we'll see.

Return plumbed through the "lemon plate"...

Filter head and filter in place..

Supply coming from the stock sender location on the turbo oil manifold...

And 1 massive filter...

I've already noticed that my oil pressure and coolant temps are more stable then they have been (I'd assume caused by the added system capacity). Now to give it a few months and send a sample to Blackstone.

AcIdBuRn02ZTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, FINALLY got my rear-end finished and swapped in last week and what a difference!

Old one ready to drop...
IMG_20170725_231525422

Cutting out old, twisted hangers and shackles... oh.. and check out that custom hitch install. LMAO.. the guy was actually pulling with this setup.. Yeah.. that's all going in the scrap pile.
IMG_20170726_091449862

Shouldn't these be straight...ish?
IMG_20170726_100358734

Burning out old bushings... good times.
IMG_20170727_113747394_HDR

Energy Suspension bushings all around...
IMG_20170727_124619741

IMG_20170727_125042615_HDR

IMG_20170727_131228305_HDR

In position with all new hardware...
IMG_20170728_120427415

Had to get creative with the e-brake cable hold downs.. mine were gone.
IMG_20170729_092730590

All buttoned up and ~100 miles on it. New Bilstein shocks and new parking brake cables (beautiful thing to have working parking brakes!)

The 4.88 gears are amazing with the 37s. Truck drives soo much nicer now. Also, since the old pinion bearings were gone, all of my driveline vibration is gone now. The fresh brakes and dually 1.25" bore wheel cylinders make stopping much nicer. I'll be stepping up to hydroboost soon. The shop that swapped gears for me said the LSD clutches looked like new. After 100 miles.. some 50mph runs... the diff cover barely gets warm and the hubs stay cool. No play or odd noises...

Basically now that everything behind the cab that moves is new... it's a night and day difference in how it drives.

Anyways.. Got a few hundred miles to go and I'll dump the oil and install my new aluminum diff cover.. top it back off with 75/140 synthetic and let it roll.

Now come fall... to build the front end the same way.

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
curious how much oil gets sucked into the Cdr valve since you have it blowing right past it.

AcIdBuRn02ZTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What CDR valve? Doesn't have one. Intake tube stays fairly clean.. I'd say less oil in the intake tube then what used to sit in the intake when it was NA and had a functional CDR.

What ends up in the intake now is just vapor that drops out.

I would have went road draft... But can't stand the haze.

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
so your running the crankcase back into the intake unregulated? how long have you had it like that?

AcIdBuRn02ZTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Months.... I'm running the banks adapter with 1" hose to the intake. I get very little oil residue in the intake tube... No noticeable oil use...

I'd say that's because of the design of the adapter and the near 6" vertical rise to the intake tube from the adapter. I also have a 5/8 line from the driver's valve cover to the intake.

I actually ran both hoses as RDTs for nearly a year because I just didn't have time to finish the intake. Never had any liquid oil drip from the tubes... just haze.

AcIdBuRn02ZTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow... kinda forgot about this thread. Its got a somewhat new interior now... but otherwise looks the same. Just been driving it.

cason234

Reaction score
Great build! If you take pictures, could you please include pics of your dashboard gauges 'in action'! That is a great setup!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tottripp

Members online