'90 F350 Crewcab 4x4 "BFTD" Project..

AcIdBuRn02ZTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its been a long time... figured I'd update this finally.

Still have the truck and it still runs and drives great. Just started working on things again.

I got tired of not having a speedometer so I reworked the gauge cluster again.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I also got tired of the windshield leaking. When I installed the last one, I didn't know what I was doing and it had leaked a little ever since. It progressively got worse and I finally decided to fix it right. Knocked the glass out and took the channel down to bare metal. Rust prepped any spots that had rust on them before using Ospho and then filled the light pitting. Cleaned everything up again and shot the channel with 2k epoxy primer. After a few days to cure, had a pro come out and drop in new glass. Hopefully I won't have to mess with it again for a long time.

You must be registered for see images attach

My passenger mirror head broke... couldn't find a convex replacement for it.. so installed gooseneck mirrors on the break away mounts. Tracked down some Rosco heads so now I have a convex mirror on the passenger side and a heated flat mirror on the drivers side. LOVE it!

And last but not least... I wanted to install some rear view cameras to make it easier to hook up to trailers and such by myself. After seeing prices of cheap camera and screen setups.. I decided to install a 10.1" android radio instead. For ~$120 and an afternoon of tinkering, I've got cameras on the back, gps nav, radio, and anything else I could want. The fit was stupid easy too.. Did a little trimming and made some mounts to secure the screen to the trim bezel. It pops in and out easily and works great.

Anyways, now that I'm back to actually working on this thing, there is a good bit more coming on it soon.

AcIdBuRn02ZTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A few updates in video form...

Got the windshield frame repair finished up and new glass put in...

And FINALLY found out the issue with my driver's door. I thought the hinge bushings were bad... well I was way off. Hinges were tight (replaced them anyways).. but the mount plates in the pillars were trashed.

The new hinges finally showed up... and I got the new door buttoned up and mounted. Still need to edit the video on it but should have it posted up next week. Doing a lot of electrical along with it.

Thanks!

AcIdBuRn02ZTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got the new door on and some of the electrical upgrades done... but had to get it drivable again so its now back out of the shop. Will be ordering cab corners here in a few weeks along with the raptor liner kit I'll be using. Can't hardly wait to get this thing buttoned up.

AcIdBuRn02ZTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well.. just ordered another ~$300 worth of patch panels. Inner and outer rockers for both sides and cab corners. I ordered everything for a regular cab and I'll just be cutting them up and fitting them. We'll see how it works out.

Also ordered the Raptor liner kit. Got some other little stuff on the way too.

Maybe I'll start ripping out the interior this weekend and getting it ready to cut up/patch. There are a few holes in the floor that I need to fix... and then planning on painting most if not all of the interior sheet metal with a good oil based paint before laying down sound deadener and new carpet.

Truck is going to be about 15 different colors for a few months... but oh well. Hopefully I can get the sheet metal work and interior buttoned up in a week or 2 and get it drivable again. I want to keep it on the road as much as possible so I don't lose interest and let it sit for months.

More to come!

AcIdBuRn02ZTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well... old girl left me stranded on the side of the road with a smoked FSS. Cruising down the road and it was as if I reached up and shut off the key.

After dragging it home, got it up and running again and oddly, it feels like it has a good bit more power and seems to start easier overall. Not sure if it's possible that the FSS wasn't pulling in all the way for a while... but who knows. I don't know enough about the guts of the DB2 to say.

NotSoGrand Garage

Reaction score
Hey alls... Well this is my truck but I cant access my old account. Tried to reset the password on it but I don't get the email until 12 hours or so goes by and then the link is dead. Anyways... truck has come a LONG way. I pulled it off the road 2 months ago to knock everything out. Yup.. had been cruising around all year in multiple colors and such with different doors on the truck. Oh well... time gets away from us sometimes.

-Body Work-

-Frame Repair & 38 Gallon Rear Tank Install-

-Core Support Rebuild-

-Prep & Spray (Raptor Liner)-

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
Very nice. Do you happen to have a DIY guide for the heated mirrors? After having them on my cars I'd love to have them on my idi.

NotSoGrand Garage

Reaction score
Very nice. Do you happen to have a DIY guide for the heated mirrors? After having them on my cars I'd love to have them on my idi.
The one I'm using is really simple as they're not an OEM style mirror. I have mine powered off a switch on the dash. Just have to remember to turn it off. With that said, there are controllers available with programmable timers to make them function like an OEM setup.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dieselmainiac

Members online