90 Blazer- no fuel on start up

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
90 Blazer with port injection, injectors won't fire on start up. New fuel pump. I know nothing of this type of set up. I do not have a fuel pressure gauge here.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
crack a line to see if the pump is working, also that has 2 ecm fuses IIRC what engine.

MUDKICKR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
full size blazer or s10 blazer? engine size? did you check the fuel pump relay before replacing the fuel pump? if its a s10 blazer did you ck to see if the fuel pump ground is good? is the oil pressure sending unit good?

MUDKICKR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its not a diesel, yet in a diesel forum?.

and i know i did ask questions to help see what the problem is.

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
S10 Blazer 4.3 TBI. Fuel pump had power going to it, no fuel arriving to injectors.

Just replaced battery tonight.

@#@#%# let me check relay (feels like ass)

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I started this on my phone, was pretty sure I was in the chevrolet gas forums, can someone move this for me? But this page is my home page on internet on my phone, sorry

MUDKICKR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
did fuel pump have ground? those are real famous for the ground to go bad. i believe the is a TSB to add an extra ground on it to the frame due to the same problem. every fuel pump i did on those type of chevys i added an extra ground. but if the fuel pump had power going to it then the relay and fuse has to be good. but then again, its always better to check it twice.

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
did fuel pump have ground? those are real famous for the ground to go bad. i believe the is a TSB to add an extra ground on it to the frame due to the same problem. every fuel pump i did on those type of chevys i added an extra ground. but if the fuel pump had power going to it then the relay and fuse has to be good. but then again, its always better to check it twice.

Thank you

Was rusty, cleaning

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tried known good TBI. New fuel filter.

Once fuel is sprayed (by me) down the TB, the injectors will start firing on their own.

If it sits a while, it will start on its own and keep firing.

If we start it, but then shut it off and try to start it again a few min later, no start

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I only have Solus Pro (with Euro) and Auto Enginuity (with no upgrades). I would not normally have taken this type of thing into my shop (I know what's over my head or wallet), but he was on his way to drop his mother off to pick her car up from here and broke down.

Upon some research we learned of the old hammer trick working for this type of vehicle.

Tapping on the ECM (PCM/ECU heh) did the trick. Problem is how to match it with the possible two choices I got from Advance last night.

We were googling all night. Only hint we got from a dealer willing to speak with us (we now call Oregon dealerships, they seem the most friendly) the two options are Cali vs Federal, but the part number on the ECM we have here matches nothing anyone has.

Anyone have ideas?