88 high boy

REBELHIGHBOY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its got 33s but will clear 37s but I don't care about speed i hum along at 2 grand doing 45 going to work and 2300 or 2400 at 55 on the high way don't know if that helps

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DOOR CODE, please post it up. One of us can tell you what gears it has.. It's on the inside door jam drivers side, need the Code under AXLE..

rockbender

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My money is on 4.10's. Based upon your speed and RPM's with 33's, you are just about where I am with my van with 4.10's and a C6... until I activate the GV OD that is!;Sweet

That being said, I really prefer having the time to drive between 45-55 as opposed to being in a hurry in the IDI without a doubt.

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
C9 is a 3:55 Limited Slip. That doesnt mean that those are the gears that are currently in it though. They were most likely swapped out thru the years

rockbender

Full Access Member
Reaction score
3.55's should have you around 2200 RPM at 55, but the other part of the equation we don't know is whether your speedo is correct or not for the tire size (and gear ratio) you are running.

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That seems way off for 3:55's, must have had a gear swap.. Is the tranny shifting thru all 3 gears?? Whats the top speed on it, running all out??

REBELHIGHBOY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No bur the door tag is kinda weird it says it was made in July of 01 the ford advisors said that could haven been because the truck was shipped with out it to the fire company and when. It was retired they had one made for it ill try and post a picture of the tag later