88 F250 ZF 5 Speed Back to Life

Andylad13

DieselBoy
Reaction score
either way, its all in the past. i've never been pissed enough to use any of my guns. its tough to say that if it was in my hands at that time if i would pull the trigger. i dont think anyone can give you the correct answer. but if your mom turned out ok, and your not in jail, then you did the right thing. besides personally, id rather feel their bones breaking under the force of my personally lathed, burn finished, oak bat. with a milled counter weight added in the handle for less wrist fatigue.

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
After a Bad Experience of Having my 88 F250 XLT 4X4 Towed and Ruining the Transmission, I now have a Remanufactured ZF 5 Speed by Zumbroto Bearing and Gear from Zumbroto MN, Dyno Tested 1 Year unlimited mileage warranty. I thought it shifted nice before but it shifts like a new transmission.
I am sure glad that I kept the 5 speed and did not switch to a Automatic.
I also got the Towing company to fix it all on his Insurance. Thanks to all for your Input on this on my previous post. I kept the Dual Mass Flywheel it still looked new and the clutch was the same. Must have been replaced before with 130,000 miles on it. I now have the project of installing a rebuilt IP and new injectors, I have been putting off on doing as I purchased them from Diesel Care before I read the Hall of Shame report on them. I think i Will wait until Spring to change them out, time wont make any difference since it does not appear he honors any warranty anyway.

glad to hear it worked out!!!
I'd go ahead and install the IP if it don't work you got the old one still?

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
besides personally, id rather feel their bones breaking under the force of my personally lathed, burn finished, oak bat. with a milled counter weight added in the handle for less wrist fatigue.

HEHEHEHE :D
How do I get one of those? I think I found the next addition to my arsenal.

porscheman87

Reaction score
I still have the IP that is in the truck which after closer reading in the back of the owners manual was rebuilt some time ago. I was only told the IP was bad by a diesel mechanic who I think just wanted to make some money on the install. It takes quite a bit of cranking to start it if left sit for a couple weeks, seems to lose prime and runs rough for a few minutes. No lack of power or smoking or missing after that. If I drive it daily it runs great. I just figured with 130,000 miles it needed the IP and New injectors. Will take the top off of the IP to check for problems and have the injectors tested, before the install.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
if 2 9yr olds has access to a AK47 and a M16 that does not say much for your parents or your up bringing.

A little uncalled for there man. If your against people being able to own assault weapons that is your own opinion, but to others (like me), we would think the opposite. Dont go calling a guys parents and upbringing bad, makes you sound like your only on here for some sort of agenda besides trucks.

92F350CC

Ford Man
Reaction score
I think it's more about the fact 9 year olds can so easily grab them, rather than the family owning them.

Anywho, I have a HUGE thing against hitting women, and especially if I saw a man hit my mother, there would be no mercy for him in this life or the life to come.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
I know there's been one real seriously bad experience reported on diesel care, but there are a number of us running around with their stuff no problems.
I bought a pump and set of injectors from them about a year and a half ago and popped them in, drastic improvement in performance over the old parts.
Before giving up, might just pop those things in and see how they do They're just sitting there anyway and you've already spent the money.

----Robert

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it's more about the fact 9 year olds can so easily grab them, rather than the family owning them.
Depends on how you raise your kids. My daughter was gun-proofed from a early age, taught how to reload mags by four years old, shot her first .22 at the age of 8. In my family, every one is responsible for the family's security. We may be out numbered....but never outgunned.

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
I still have the IP that is in the truck which after closer reading in the back of the owners manual was rebuilt some time ago. I was only told the IP was bad by a diesel mechanic who I think just wanted to make some money on the install. It takes quite a bit of cranking to start it if left sit for a couple weeks, seems to lose prime and runs rough for a few minutes. No lack of power or smoking or missing after that. If I drive it daily it runs great. I just figured with 130,000 miles it needed the IP and New injectors. Will take the top off of the IP to check for problems and have the injectors tested, before the install.

Its probably not a bad idea to think about changing them sometime in the future. But if all you're having problems with is bleeding off then I'd check your returns and stuff. Or since you have the injectors, get the install kit, and just change it all when you change the pump and injectors. But like everyone has said, get your old injectors tested, and those "new" ones from diesel care. That way you will likely have a few good old ones, and can mark them for use if the diesel care ones go bad.

92F350CC

Ford Man
Reaction score
Oh, I agree, Calvin, I was trained to use a shotgun and a .22 before i was 10 as well. However, I'm not so sure about giving them access to assault rifles.