'86 6.9 NA vs. '93 6.5 TD

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
Nice pics, your truck is earning its keep for sure!! Is the Chevy set up to tow a gooseneck? I would love to see you compare the two with that loaded livestock trailer and tell us your results. This thread is pretty interesting. A lifelong friend of the family grew up breathing and building up Chevys. I remember his dad's Bonanza when I was little with the hurricane rims, cool back in the day ride for sure. After working as a mechanic for an asphalt contractor, he has grown to swear by the Fords for work duty trucks. He still has his Chevy loyalties as he has two Tahoes. It's nice to have an open mind and give some credit when credit is due. Keep us posted on your decision.

TBigLug

I Miss U Baby Girl
Reaction score
The Chevy is not set up for gooseneck towing. But, I would just remove my rails and mount them in it but that goes in the one more thing I would have to do category.

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One final note I forgot to mention. The chevy if it has the same wheel base will NOT be able to match the turning radius of th eford. Thats probably the single biggest complaint my dad has with his truck.

jim_22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sonally, you can't pay me enough to drive a DS4 pumped motor. You can't run fuel cocktails due to the optic sensor, the wastegate is vac controlled, and there's an ECM hiding in the mess. Thanks but no.

This sounds pretty important to me...