7.3 WVO Conversion

rmckee242

Reaction score
Brand new to Oilburners and glad to be here. I'm picking up a 1988 F250 4wd 7.3 five speed this weekend to convert to WVO. I am looking to use both stock fuel tanks for WVO and add a small diesel tank. I have used stock tanks in other conversions and had good luck. Any tips from you guys who have done this already. My only experience is with Mercedes 300 series.

hheynow

the misanthrope
Reaction score
I converted a '97 PSD with the Plant Drive kit. I have no idea what components you will use so my suggestions are to use 1/2" ID hose for your coolant loop for better heat transfer and to avoid copper, zinc, pot metal and galvanized in all fittings. For an aux tank look at this 17 gal tank for $269.95 . Look at this kit comparison chart. Seems that only Plant Drive has provided info for kits for your year

rmckee242

Reaction score
Thanks. I have been using 5/8 hose for supply and return in the Benz conversions. Also been using 3/8 copper refrigeration tubing for fuel transfer in my hot line. Most fittings are brass. No trouble yet with the copper, anything I should be looking for? I have made all of the components for my conversions since I have access to some pretty nice CNC equipment at my work and have manual machines at home.

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
WELCOME .....;Sweet
where you at in NC? welcome to oilburners! i'd like to see your MB set up I'm trying to get one from a friend and plan to do a veg on it?

rmckee242

Reaction score
I'm in Cleveland County. Be glad to show you the Benz. Probably be after Christmas before I will have much time. Hope to have my centrifuge finished by then. Thats the **** for cleaning WVO. My Benz is pretty doggy looking but it is in good mechanical shape. Good car to experiment with.

jimraelee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in Cleveland County. Be glad to show you the Benz. Probably be after Christmas before I will have much time. Hope to have my centrifuge finished by then. Thats the **** for cleaning WVO. My Benz is pretty doggy looking but it is in good mechanical shape. Good car to experiment with.
This is one your making I assume???? I'm still looking and trying to get the most practical system for my use.

rmckee242

Reaction score
Yea I made all the system. Got about 300 bucks in parts as opposed to starting at 700 for "kits" that don't include hose tubing and other things you need. I got some really good info from a man I met through a friend of mine at work. This dude has been riding on WVO for seven years. He is like the WVO encyclopedia. I'm going to have to change the cab on my truck so that should make all the plumbing really easy.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online