7.3 turbo upgrade

mark7.3idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
will a powerstroke turbo fit if i use the manifolds and pipes or will it be to hard:dunno

Smokey73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it'd be too hard, unless you're up to it, you'd have to come up with some way to get air into and out of it, and into the intake. The IDI's used a hat that bolted to the intake, I don't know how you could make that, and then mate it to the p-strokers outlet housing.

ghunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In reality, PSD turbos are just a little too big for IDI's anyway.

I bought one just to check it out and possibly determine the feasibility--those things are HUGE!

Now, if you made your own up-pipes and got the oil feed and drain set up, and a mounting bracket, it could certainly be done, but I'm not so sure it'd be much of a return on all your effort.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
well actually im about to start this pretty soon, with a wastegated psd turbo,(thanks again punk) i dont think it will be that bad, i mean every one says it will be really hard, but how many people have actually tried it, not alot, i have a few tricks i learned from my dad to help it spool better i think it will work pretty good on mine, i may have to get a lower psi wastegate actuator so i dont over boost

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
the manifolds won't bolt up anyhow and the reason most say its too hard is simply because everything you need almost will have to be fabricated its not just a bolt on deal.

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dyoung14 what are you gonna do to make the turbo spool better? Just curious what you mean by tricks. Lol