7.3 overhead

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
First off.... Welcome to this site. Secondly as posted above these motors have hydraulic roller lifters without any way to adjust them... Lucky us isn't it. Now please ask any questions that come up. They may not be as easy to answer as this one but their sure is plenty of members that have asked it, done it and know how to advise others how to do anything that comes up. this way we keep more money in your pocket.:D
Yes welcome, I know we talked about tinkering with the top end but would it do anything for performance?:dunno

I've posted some pics of my 63 Mercury Meteor Custom before, I don't want to hijack this thread anymore than I already have.:sorry: .....I've had it for 9 years now, 1994 5.0 Mustang roller engine, C4 trans, narrowed 9" diff, Crager SS/T wheels....The usual mod's.;Sweet...Built it myself from the ground up.
I think I remember that got a link??;Sweet

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Cant wait to start seeing the new DD15's come through and I say that with the utmost sarcasm.

Those new DD15 have the coolest turbo design, though I'm sure it will cause some headaches down the road. This is from diesel power magazine about there turbo setup.

"A flywheel turbine?

By inventing a new type of turbo compounding system, the DD15 engineers found a way to add 50hp and still improve fuel economy 5%. The system works by using a conventional Holset HX55 turbo without a wastegate that feeds into a unique turbo compound axial power turbine that transfers power directly to the engine flywheel. By scavenging exhaust heat that would normally fly out of the tailpipe, the axial power turbine is able to spin a small gearbox that helps creat up to 100 lb-ft of torque when the engine is under full load."

That sounds pretty cool if you ask me ;Sweet.

matthodges

work in progress
Reaction score
Hey Nice suggestion

It never even crossed my mind to see if an M2 cac would fit I think with a little rotation of my turbo and some creative duct work that might just work. Thanks for the idea. I will keep my eye out for one. We have one cascadia on our lot but havent had to do any work on one yet. But have seen several epa07 columbias and M2's In fact a local dairy distributer bought a small fleet of them with ****** boxes on them. Half of them have come back with regen issues mostly doser issues and one that had a bad constant throttle valvecookoo that one took some time. I am current with all the G2 online courses, but it is one thing to do it online and real life. Did have to to change my first DPF a couple of weeks ago. Not a bad job there but the problem was actually in the wiring harness but I was not the one to intially troubleshoot that one but i found the problem. Talk about a project It was the chassis side harness from the ECM. Fortunately I have the first part of my next week planned out complete inframe on an old DT466 for the local Pepsi Distrubutor. :thumbsup:

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
Yeah, I do most of the Cummins ISB and ISC recon swaps in our shop....I do a little bit of everything but mostly electrical troubleshooing, A/C and engine work. I'm 2007 EPA trained for the Cummins mid-range engines. I had an 07 Kenworth in the other day with an ISC, had some regen issues as well. No doser's on those....It was plugged bad, level 3....Hit level 4 and you need a new DPF. I haven't done any G2 stuff at all, I mostly learn by doing it....I'm quite handy around the Series 60 engines as I work on them often. I'm also trained on Eaton Gen 2-3 automated transmissions and I've worked on the Meritor and Mercedes automated trannys. I do a lot of the day shift service calls too, "road toad" is my handle during the winter....LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online