7.3 no start

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
You could always get a N/A crank, rods, balancer, and flywheel/flexplate. Then you'd have the same basic thing. You may also be able to get just a N/A crank and have the rest of the rotating assembly balanced.

Comptech

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The turbo engine that I purchased sounds great but I have no spare parts for it. I will probably source a spare engine if I ever run across one. I keep vehicles until they're done. I personally have never had a diesel engine fail catastrophically. A broken valve spring and some wornworn injection pumps. I've had a good experience with all diesels except my Duramax. I only kept it two months.

Comptech

Full Access Member
Reaction score
According to my rebuilder book all IDI engines use the same crankshaft ,1805420C1 .
I think that the factory turbo motor used a different balance. There is a lot of confusing information out there so I could be wrong. I know that the harmonic balancer and flexplate connecting rods are different.

Randy Bush

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think that the factory turbo motor used a different balance. There is a lot of confusing information out there so I could be wrong. I know that the harmonic balancer and flexplate connecting rods are different.
Yes , the information I have say the IDIT uses a different balancer, flexplate to offset the heaver weight of the connecting rods and pistons. All other rotating parts are the same IDI and IDIT.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your rebuild book is incorrect, the 7.3 na 7.3t and 6.9 all have their own specific cranks

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here’s a 7.3 na and 7.3 turbo crank next to each other
You must be registered for see images attach

Randy Bush

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your rebuild book is incorrect, the 7.3 na 7.3t and 6.9 all have their own specific cranks
Source for that? even the information you shared on the IDIT says nothing about different crankshaft. Not doubting you just what to have the correct information for future .

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Look at the picture I posted you can visually see the difference in the balance between the cranks. You can use any idi crank in any 6.9,7.3.,7.3t, but they will need to be balanced to that rotating assembl

Randy Bush

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look at the picture I posted you can visually see the difference in the balance between the cranks. You can use any idi crank in any 6.9,7.3.,7.3t, but they will need to be balanced to that rotating assembl
Lot of different information floating around it looks like, One reason why I like to take a complete running engine and rebuild that compared to just building one from random parts.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s always the simplest way to go, but to be doubly safe I like to balance every engine even if nothing changes from what it came with. As long as the engine is balanced it doesn’t matter what part numbers it has

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dieselmainiac

Members online