7.3 machined engine parts =)

lbzbuick

diesel =)
Reaction score
Got my stuff back from the machine shop. Here are just some pictures. I set the studs in just for the pictures. Im not ready to start going together yet but im deffinatly getting excited. All of my internals are balanced. I also forgot to take a picture of my Type4 cam.

You must be registered for see images attach

Mahle .010" reduced and coated. It has also been shaved too which I still need to get that info.

New intake valves and new Inconel Exhaust valves. New comp 910's and bronze valve guides.

idiabuse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nice setup, non turbo rods and pistons?
I got lucky and bought a 7.3 blownup, it had 7 good .020 turbo pistons and of course the rods also.
Mine just got started from killing it twice.
I think I had a few things not working in my favor, one was no spring in the lower radiator hose.
I think the collapse of the lower hose at road speed cause my rear cylinder to heat up and swelled the
piston enough to sieze it in the bore and score up the bore.
I never found a spring to put in the lower hose, I did slide a flexible exhaust pipe in there and it will
never collapse again.
Your Build up is nice! do you have the intake/exhaust timing events for the camshaft?

Javier

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Sure looks great... What is the bore or did you sleece the block. Are the pistons ceramic coated on the tops. Was the crank turned down. If so was it 10 under..

lbzbuick

diesel =)
Reaction score
Sure looks great... What is the bore or did you sleece the block. Are the pistons ceramic coated on the tops. Was the crank turned down. If so was it 10 under..
Yeah all 8 cylinders are sleeved. The pistons are ceramic coated on the tops. I dont think the crank was turned down, I think it was just polished. I will have to measure of course to make sure.

lbzbuick

diesel =)
Reaction score
nice setup, non turbo rods and pistons?
I got lucky and bought a 7.3 blownup, it had 7 good .020 turbo pistons and of course the rods also.
Mine just got started from killing it twice.
I think I had a few things not working in my favor, one was no spring in the lower radiator hose.
I think the collapse of the lower hose at road speed cause my rear cylinder to heat up and swelled the
piston enough to sieze it in the bore and score up the bore.
I never found a spring to put in the lower hose, I did slide a flexible exhaust pipe in there and it will
never collapse again.
Your Build up is nice! do you have the intake/exhaust timing events for the camshaft?

Javier

Its a type4 cam but I dont know what the specs are if thats what you are asking? "Type4" russ on here may be able to answer all those questions. And yes they are non-turbo rods and pistons. All balanced.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
720Diesel