7.3 idi 1993 sclb 300-400hp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love all the post 7.3 stroke guys wanting big ponnies from a platform known to last and work (unlike the g lectric versions) "my ford beta eng. Sux I want a 7.3)

Op take the real world advice to heart.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
300 whp:

Head studs. 110 cc pump minimum but really you will need bigger, plan on a 150cc pump. 57+mm compressor'ed modern turbo. Thats bare minimum. This is easily a $2k setup on the cheap, which would be to take an already turbo'ed IDI, swapping a bigger turbo on (and making it work) and putting a larger pump on it. Really, its more like $3k+

400 whp. The above but 150cc minimum on your pump. 62+mm for the turbo. Decompressed 6.9 through a variety of ways. A 7.3 might hold on the stock bottom end but more than likely will need rods (same with 6.9). Maybe you could do it for the same $2k for a pump and turbo, but it will be leaving a lot on the table as far as reliability is concerned. More like $4k+ for a solid setup.

And that doesnt factor in clutches or transmissions, cause it'll need one over the 300 whp point eventually.

genscripter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Someone needs to find a way to add a 200hp chip to these engines!
I love the question, can’t I just add a tuner? LOL

These are hard to find, but I've been running these chips in my IDI for years:

You must be registered for see images attach

They add about 90 horse.

But when I can't find them in the store, these chips will work in a pinch. Also, the container makes a decent oil cooler:

You must be registered for see images

Macrobb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the Pringles cans will also work as intercooling piping as well you just wet them to make the bends,let dry use the top as the connectors good to go... I have heard guy pushing 30lbs of boost thru them( a must for this build
Hey, they'd probably work better than ABS drain piping(which I used for a bit - works until it gets hot, then deforms away from your clamps)

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
R and d idi and a credit card lol or more realistically add a not stock style turbo, a intercooler, studs, larger pump and probably stage1 injectors. And it will do alright. But it's defiantly not a 6.0 with a tuner and light mods status but it will do good. Probably not hitting 300hp but torque is good in these motors probably around the low 500 range with some work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online