7.3 For Rebuild or Parts

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Geez.. Its probably a bad injector. Judging from "we did all the usuall stuff" makes me think its something easy. Now if they said they changed the injector on the cylinder that was missing and it didn't follow... Well that may mean a valve, lifter or pushrod gone bad. Wish I had the time to get another motor. Looks like it was rebuilt or remanufactored by Dealers Diesel. Parts would be an easy money maker deal.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting. I may know a little something about this motor, if it is being sold by who I think it is. Bob at Stoner-Wade alerted me to a guy who had stopped in about a crew cab that he said he had that didn't run right and had water in a cylinder. He was asking what it was worth. Probably cavitation, but possibly a head gasket. Bob gave him the bad news, and told him it would be worth a lot more if it were fixed. In either case, I didn't care about the motor, and so I went to the place where the truck supposedly sat, and it was gone. I checked back with Bob later and he thought the owner might have indicated that he got it fixed (with a new motor no doubt). That would explain why the fuel system is gone (and possibly the reason the gear tower is gone too, unless that was just stupidity). I suspect Joe wants this for the heads, and I'd say go for it. I'll not bid against him. Quarryville is a very small place where the IDI is concerned, so I suspect if he asks the owner what it came out of, it will confirm my beliefs. The heads are probably the only good part on it.

pafixitman

Reaction score
I remeber you talking about that truck. The big C, dang! -cuss :eek: :puke: I was hoping the block was good also. Looks like it will be a sleeve project for the back burner. I just figure a stock pile of spare parts could never hurt (anything except my marriage!). Need to keep my eye out for a timing cover and gear. My thought now is to keep the motor and slowly rebuild it. I am waiting for the hammer to fall since Steph knows I bid, but has not said anything...:eek: :yell:

pafixitman

Reaction score
:eek: The hammer fell....

And I quote:

You definately were sick when you bid on it. I'm hoping it was just temporary insanity. I don't want it in the house!!!! You figure out where you're gonna store it. I'm not gonna be too happy. I wanted to clean out the basement this winter, not fill it up with a fuel soaked engine with issues!!! I don't like this at all. I don't know where you're getting the money, either. We've got bills to pay and you're bidding on a dead engine, doesn't make sense to me!!! I'm not too happy about it, to say the least. If you want to piece it out, go right ahead. You'll have to find a place to take it apart. I don't want any more mess on the driveway either. It looks horrible. You can sit in your truck and run the engine while you work on this broken down engine or put it in the trunk of the chrysler and work on it. It stays outside and it doesn't come in the house or the RV, GOT IT?!?!??

Boy.........sometimes you make me want to ...........CRACK!!!!! Right over your head. There I did it!!!! Virtual, doesn't work. I'll have to wait till you get home!!!! :)

Love,

Steph

Gotta love her!

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that Joe, I didn't bid on it since I knew You where so I guess now I can.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Geezs... I understand how you feel but its hard to pass up a great parts deal. I'm watching a 1936 810 and a 1937 812 supercharged cord on Ebay. I have the money to buy them together but no place to store them. The wife wont have any more "junk" in the driveway. My driveway is 100 ft long and all concrete but I have "things" using up half of it. I figure around 80,000 will buy the Cords and that can be paid back selling one of them. I'll just wait and watch for now. Geezs....:D

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Computer to get on the internet - $500.
Junk motor bought with said computer - $50.
Wife yelling at you on the internet - Priceless.
:rotflmao

I like the fact that she thinks he might just carry it into the living room. LOL

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
I like the fact that she thinks he might just carry it into the living room. LOL

Well, I have been with the same woman for 22 years, we started seeing each other in high school and were married in 95. If my wife EVER said I couldn't bring something anywhere, there would be 10 of them by the time she got home! :rotflmao The good thing is, she knows it, the bad thing for me is, it works in two directions, but none the less, neither of us would forbade the other from getting anything. There is also another option, leave a pricesheet around with a new/rebuilt engine in it and at some point just say "boy, I have to have my truck for work, I sure hope the latest repairs hold up cause I would hate to have to drop that much money $$$$$ into it to stay working!" cookoo

pafixitman

Reaction score
She is about 65% kidding and 35% not. She knows if it is a steal I will figure out a way to get it. She still does not know I have a gentleman's agreement to buy a John Deere 110 from Mightydodge (John)!!

That part got me also Mel. Like I'll haul the dang thing into the living room or basement! I told you guys that I painted the heads and exhaust manifolds in the living room!:D :backoff I figured we could live in a shop, she wanted a house; so guess what? the house becomes a shop at times!:rotflmao

sle-I've known her for 17 1/2 yrs, together for 17 in January, married for 13 last Sept. I might get :yell: then need to be a :angel: :hail , but it won't break us up.To quote my son "I hear you fine, I'm just not listening."

Squirreltow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well Joe,
We will keep an eye out for you as winning bidder. You could always store it over at my place. At least it would be not in the living room, not in the RV, and could be worked on in more space than the Chrysler trunk.:D

But EZ might even bail you out.:hail

Squirreltow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought you were building a spare garage at the MIL.
That was the impression you left about what all that extra digging was for to the basement (a drive-in):rotflmao

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online