6.9l idi, to repop new HG's or to stud it & "send it"?

Lezgo Brandon

Reaction score
why be lazy? its already out of the truck its not like your working stretched across your engine bay and there is no guarantee that the head will properly seal anyways so you could just run the chance of having to replace the gaskets down the road so why not do it now while its out on the stand?
"Lazy" and Broke are two completely different matters (& the engine having just completely gone through may have "SOME" factoring in this (glossed over) part of original inquiry. So its felpro?

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Best HG for us is still just victor reinz or felpro?

Based on the thickness argument I would go felpro
I prefer Fel-Pro gaskets. I thought that I had read where Mahle head gaskets were just rebranded Fel-Pros, but I was looking on Rock Auto at head gaskets last night. I saw where the Mahles were guaranteed (if I remember the wording right) to have a compressed thickness of .080". From my own personal testing, Fel-Pros have a .072" compressed thickness. So maybe I was wrong about Mahles being rebranded Fel-Pros. It would be interesting to see if anyone could confirm this.

Lezgo Brandon

Reaction score
I prefer Fel-Pro gaskets. I thought that I had read where Mahle head gaskets were just rebranded Fel-Pros, but I was looking on Rock Auto at head gaskets last night. I saw where the Mahles were guaranteed (if I remember the wording right) to have a compressed thickness of .080". From my own personal testing, Fel-Pros have a .072" compressed thickness. So maybe I was wrong about Mahles being rebranded Fel-Pros. It would be interesting to see if anyone could confirm this.
Why thankya feller.
Nuice

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle