6.9 Superduty

pastorjeep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The engine looks great on the stand. Have you run it on the stand yet, and if yes do you have video?

Mikey89014

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Mikey89014

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I think i will just use this pan until i know all is good. The college close to here has a transmission dyno i heard .

Last edited:

Mikey89014

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess i will just use a 93 TECA and sensors and sell my PCS . The TECA seems like a better option. I need to find a map sensor, OD switch, and maybe a cruise module

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
I wouldn't ditch a stand alone controller for a factory TCM.

Stand alone can be tuned to whatever you want. Much easier to wire. You need a tach, TPS, and VSS signal to make it work. :thumbsup:

In simple words. The factory TCM sucks.:eek:LOL

Mikey89014

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was thinking that too but the f4 tcm is supposed to be programmed the best . plus i can use the idi tach, factory cruise, glow plug controller , etc

junk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not understanding how the glow plug controller and IDI tach need the TCM. The tach runs through the TCM, but doesn't need the TCM to work. Also are you going to use the factory cruise system from an older truck or the super duty? I think the Older cruise may pull signals through the TCM, but doesn't need it. I'm guessing that I'm missing something on how this ties in with the superduty electronics.

When I cleaned out the wiring on my 89 after removing the E40d the wiring diagrams for a manual truck showed tach, VSS, etc going directly to a component, but on the auto truck they went through the TCM first.

Super cool build. I'm enjoying it greatly!