6.9 Superduty

Mikey89014

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Got the oil pan back on with temperature sender..

Last edited:

Mikey89014

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HAHA, yes sooner or later. I got married and we had a baby at the beginning of this project. I can work on for short periods of time now..

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
HAHA, yes sooner or later. I got married and we had a baby at the beginning of this project. I can work on for short periods of time now..

First congratulations on the ring n baby...now don't you mean you got married and SHE had the baby? *** is that wee crap..

Nice lookin engine and keep us updated

Oh and this bit about a baby....not real without pics...

Mikey89014

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have an idea what my compression ratio will be? I have the year 83-84 engine and heads with .030 overbore and .010 destroked pistons . I didn't have the block decked and the pistons are the ones with a slightly larger chamber compared to the original pistons. Thanks

Mikey89014

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how many low/reverse frictions and steels should be installed in an E4OD case with the late style piston?? I was thinking 6, but only seem to get 5 to fit correctly . Maybe i need a thinner pressure plate? The original drum from the 4r100 that i am using shows 6 wear marks on the drum, but it seems it had a .550 thick pressure plate.

Im trying to finish the transmission now to get this thing done. Thank You

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
Late E4OD with cast or stamped drums will be six frictions. Early E4 use five frictions.

Install five frictions and check the stack clearance. You might see around .050"+ You can check the clearance through a hole at the tail of the tranny.

If its much larger than this. Install a sixth friction, and check again. You don't want to go tighter than .020"

Mikey89014

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks . I just installed 6'with a .400 pressure plate and get .055 , roughly . Should I shoot for less? I had to buy the .400 plate to use 6 .

Last edited:

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
.055 is ok. The reason for tightening this clearance is to reduce "delayed reverse". A common problem with a E4 tranny. Reverse requires the coast clutch and direct drum to apply with the reverse piston.
By tightening this clearance, less fluid is required to perform this function. Less fluid gives you a quicker reverse engagement.

I usually go for .025 +/- a little.:D If you go this tight. Always stop the vehicle before putting it in drive. You wont spill your coffee, and your U joints will thank you.LOL

PwrSmoke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have an idea what my compression ratio will be? I have the year 83-84 engine and heads with .030 overbore and .010 destroked pistons . I didn't have the block decked and the pistons are the ones with a slightly larger chamber compared to the original pistons. Thanks

I can't remember how much of a CC difference the larger piston pockets equate to but depending on how much valve recession your machinist built in, you will be on the low side.... around 20:1. Maybe lower. Could run into starting issues on cold days but since you're in Vegas ( : < ).... You can compensate by a longer glow cycle (manually) but can the standard glow plugs take it?

Just curious about your reason for the 0.010" destroked pistons?

Mikey89014

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those were the only pistons i could find at the time that were from a reputable company. I guess it's ok because i have a turbo

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88

Members online