6.9 Sidewinder testing

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Why would you say Kroil is hard to get Mel???:dunno All you have to do is order it directly for the makers and. You get one can free. Kano Labs. and thats its. They make it and if you don't like it then its free. You send back the used can and thor other can they sent you is kept free. plus you get all your money back... Free is a good price in any world.:sly

Abull78

More boost Mr. Scot
Reaction score
Why would you say Kroil is hard to get Mel???:dunno All you have to do is order it directly for the makers and. You get one can free. Kano Labs. and thats its. They make it and if you don't like it then its free. You send back the used can and thor other can they sent you is kept free. plus you get all your money back... Free is a good price in any world.:sly

Well, in Mel's defense, Im not waiting for mail order for this exhaust to come off, I will have the torch out heating them up before i get to beer #3.................well #4

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, in Mel's defense, Im not waiting for mail order for this exhaust to come off, I will have the torch out heating them up before i get to beer #3.................well #4

Yeah, the hot wrench works good too!:D

Heath

Abull78

More boost Mr. Scot
Reaction score
where is the oil pressure discharge plug for feeding oil to the turbo, the banks diagram is a$$. i see a plug on the housing where the oile filter screws into, but does it send oil out of this plug?

Dirtleg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes you can pull oil from the plug on the oil cooler header where the filter mounts.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Actually the feed for the turbo on all Banks turbos is from the bell housing flange just back from the oil filter. Its a 1/8 inch pipe plug on all non turbo blocks but a 1/4 inch plug on the turbo blocks. About the exhaust manifold bolts. Those are not just a simple 3/8 course thread bolt. They are a special interferance thread so they don't back out after the meany heating and cooling shots these manifolds do. Buy them from ford parts online.... Same dealers name is bob utter ford in sherman texas... Plan ahead for these too. They are worth the wait. Mine have never backed out even with 1200 degrees on the pyro for a few seconds twice.....:eek::sly

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually the feed for the turbo on all Banks turbos is from the bell housing flange just back from the oil filter. Its a 1/8 inch pipe plug on all non turbo blocks but a 1/4 inch plug on the turbo blocks.

There are three oil galley plugs on the driver's side of the block. One under the motor mount (can't use that one), one behind the oil cooler (can use it but it's a bear to get to), and the one on the rear of the block where the bellhousing bolts (the one Gary is telling you about and the one Banks wants you to use).

Heath

kas83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good luck with the HX's. I think that the HX would work best on a divided up-pipe system, like the Hypermax Pulse setup, since that's how the Cummins is setup too.

Some have run HX35's on 7.3's with little luck, and any time I've brought up the up-pipe design, converstion stops. Might be something to look into.

funnyman06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im glad your back, lets see what shell do! I agree on the HX35, if you can get it all setup thats where my money would be.

Abull78

More boost Mr. Scot
Reaction score
bellhousing plug,....is it the square head instead of a hex nut head?

funnyman06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there a reason he cant pull from where the oil pressure sensor is? On the back of the block? Its really easy to get to

Abull78

More boost Mr. Scot
Reaction score
Is there a reason he cant pull from where the oil pressure sensor is? On the back of the block? Its really easy to get to

because that gets plugged, thats right in the path of the up pipe to the turbo

Abull78

More boost Mr. Scot
Reaction score
because that gets plugged, thats right in the path of the up pipe to the turbo

i would LOVE to be pulling oil from there BUT, international decided to put the oil sending unit in the ******** of the motor. trying to get that little1/8" npt plug in there with my fat sausage fingers was not fun.

BioFarmer93

OPEC Hater
Reaction score
Being a founding father of the fraternal order of fat fingered fookers, I can feel yer pain found in fabricating finely flowing fancy fitted furnishments for Fords...:rotflmao