6.9 idi in a 1972 Maverick

Bradley316

Reaction score
I assure you this is not an April fools prank nor have i been institutionalized for insanity. I plan to shoehorn one of these massive light duty truck diesel engines into my little 1972 4 door maverick. I simply do not care how many times you tell me i refuse to drop a gas engine of any sort into my maverick. i want it to be diesel powered and have great fuel mileage, and they are so cheap and easy to work on. So does anyone have any suggestions for what I should do for suspension? I plan to daily drive this monstrosity once everything is all said and done. fitting it in the engine bay is simple, I just need to rework the suspension so the coil springs dont support the body and it uses some sort of lower control arm load baring design. The current idea is grafting a ford ranger twin Ibeam front suspension and subframe to the car. hopefully this will allow for tall enough springs to take the weight of this engine. Anyone ever done anything like this at all? im trying to avoid making a truck car combo i want it to be on the stock unibody platform with beefy subframe connectors and increased rigidity all around. So far this is the best I have come up with.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7