6.9 alternator into 7.3

DontKnowJack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images
[/IMG]
You must be registered for see images attach

I think this 100 amp alternator on the 6.9 will work in place of this ****-ant
in the 7.3 but the plugs are different. Can i just cut the ends off and bolt them on?
Hope I did the pic thing right.

tom37

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't say for sure if what your looking at doing will work or not. My guess would be yes, (IF) they both have external regs.

But like I said, I don't know that for sure.

I did the 3G conversion on my 6.9. I spent 28 bucks on the alt and wiring, plugs and such, the bat cable was too short. So I spent a few bucks on two short bat cables and stuck the mega fuse in between them.

I walked the local pick and pull, maybe looked at 30 cars before I found one that had the 3G mounted up top.

My output is a little low in my opinion (12.2) on idle. But I am using the stock pully, I am gonna guess thats its a little on the large side.

Sorry for the book but I was just so happy when I finished the upgrade, now I can still make the juice while I'm using it.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep just match up the colors, never saw a small case 1g on a diesel. After looking I see someone has swapped it on to there, judging by the ring term on the stator wire, white.. Swap the whole alt harness it is a separate harness for the most part, same reg plug.

DontKnowJack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't do it, but both harnesses have been operated on by a skillful surgeon. Bypasses, grafts and stints, wires going in all directions. Think I'm just going to have to wait till this one dies and have an autopsy done at AZ General.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alleycat