6.0 possible injector issues

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
Oh yeah, one other thing...
Do you have access to a oxygen or argon bottle? Something with higher pressure than a air compressor will work much better for a air test.
For all that goes, a porta power would work great.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I think I’ve got bigger problems now..... this thing is cured the more we do the worse it gets

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
Could you swap the pcm from the same truck?

That’s the plan. What’s got us so confused is why putting my ficm back on made it run worse then ever. Like *** is goin on with this damn thing

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
Was anybody able to run the balance test?

I tryed to atleast buzz test it but it won’t buzz test.they unplugged injectors with it running on both sides and it missed when each one was unplugged.smoke didn’t change either

Crawler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m going to say it again. Check the ICP voltage.

Prior to the first cranking or starting of the day.

Key on
Engine off

Let’s get that done. This may not have a thing to do with what’s going on. But your entire high pressure oil system is dependent upon this sensor reporting correctly.

Add in the PID info that @79jasper provided.

You could have a bad PCM. You could have trash in the injectors, you could have a messed up branch tube, etc...

But we need to make sure you have s proper baseline first.

Have you inspected the FICM and harness for bent pins? Have you done a continuity test on the FICM to injector harness?

Can you get the values for all the PIDs I listed earlier?

We need those values KeyOnEngineOff before you try to crank the truck.

Then the max values while cranking.

Then the values when the problem occurs.

Please, type them out for us. Trying to gather them from a video can be difficult at times.

We are all trying to help.

bismic1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
they unplugged every injector with it running earlier and the truck didn’t change anything.each one had a destinct miss when unplugged it was still blowin smoke and everything else. Swapped the ficm back to mine.now the truck runs on maybe 3 cylinders.it don’t smoke or anything now though or pop.inplug the icp it starts runnin bad agian just completely different then before.yes the connectors are all the way in we checked and re checked um. It wouldn’t let me buzz test it I tryed but it buzzed once and that’s it. My ficm powers are all good though even running like this. This truck is cursed and it all started with dummy plugs and stand pipes

FICM's are frequently bad even though they show good voltage.

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
I’m going to say it again. Check the ICP voltage.

Prior to the first cranking or starting of the day.

Key on
Engine off

Let’s get that done. This may not have a thing to do with what’s going on. But your entire high pressure oil system is dependent upon this sensor reporting correctly.

Add in the PID info that @79jasper provided.

You could have a bad PCM. You could have trash in the injectors, you could have a messed up branch tube, etc...

But we need to make sure you have s proper baseline first.

Have you inspected the FICM and harness for bent pins? Have you done a continuity test on the FICM to injector harness?

Can you get the values for all the PIDs I listed earlier?

We need those values KeyOnEngineOff before you try to crank the truck.

Then the max values while cranking.

Then the values when the problem occurs.

Please, type them out for us. Trying to gather them from a video can be difficult at times.

We are all trying to help.
I’ll try my best and get all of it without the truck running I’m afraid with the way it ran last night she’s not starting agian

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
Was anybody able to run the balance test?

No I haven’t found anyone to run one yet on it imma call up to a diesel shop in lead hill and talk to him I may have to haul it up there the mechanic here in town is even thrown off by this

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
If he doesn't have the equipment to run a balance test, he doesn't need to be touching it. Simple as that.

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
last pic is key on engine off first pic is also

Crawler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If that KOEO is prior to attempting to crank the engine then your ICP voltage is off.

You shouldn’t have .3v KOEO unless you have been kranking the truck and immediately check values KOEO. Even then the hp oil will bleed off slowly.

If it’s reporting .3v KOEO when stone cold then the icp is reporting higher than what’s really there.

Your HPOP (ICP pressure) should read very close to map and Baro KOEO. Yours is reporting 115psi which is 100psi higher than sea level Baro.

Your MAP PID, is it reading boost or actual MAP which is “absolute pressure”? Essentially Baro plus boost.

If it’s true MAP then it is reading low. It should be reading close to barometric pressure. If it’s labeled MAP but it’s reading boost then the KOEO number is fine.

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
If that KOEO is prior to attempting to crank the engine then your ICP voltage is off.

You shouldn’t have .3v KOEO unless you have been kranking the truck and immediately check values KOEO. Even then the hp oil will bleed off slowly.

If it’s reporting .3v KOEO when stone cold then the icp is reporting higher than what’s really there.

Your HPOP (ICP pressure) should read very close to map and Baro KOEO. Yours is reporting 115psi which is 100psi higher than sea level Baro.

Your MAP PID, is it reading boost or actual MAP which is “absolute pressure”? Essentially Baro plus boost.

If it’s true MAP then it is reading low. It should be reading close to barometric pressure. If it’s labeled MAP but it’s reading boost then the KOEO number is fine.
On the .3 the first pic with no ficm sync was immediately after cranking.the last pic with .3 was after the truck had ran and I shut it off and turn the key back on. On the map I’m not sure if it’s reading boost or map honestly

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online