460 vs IDI E4OD

DougsOBS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok guys I know you can drill a 460 trans to go on a diesel but is there any way to put a diesel E4od on a 460?

I've got a fully built trans for an idi thats not going to go in anything for a while and it would be nice to put that in my gasser dually, thanks.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
You would probably need a different torque convertor. They were different between gas and diesel engines. If you have to drill a 460 trans to on an IDI, you would have to do the same thing for the other way around. I don't know a lot about the electronics on an E4OD, but you should make sure that the two are compatible.

Randy Bush

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You would probably need a different torque convertor. They were different between gas and diesel engines. If you have to drill a 460 trans to on an IDI, you would have to do the same thing for the other way around. I don't know a lot about the electronics on an E4OD, but you should make sure that the two are compatible.
Think there is a pressure switch that needs to be changed out too. Best to check with a transmission shop on it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online